Corant .CHM

This forum spearheads the effort to fill out and complete the Coranto Docs Wiki. Announcements of new docs added will be posted here.
There's a lot that needs to be put together... want to help? Inquire within.

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Corant .CHM

Postby Spunkmeyer » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:21 pm

I was thinking about this lately and finally decided to post about it - We should package the Coranto distro with a documentation package as well, like a help file (.chm). In any case, I was going to use my spare time to work on one, if there is anyone that would like to help me. Let me know. Just throw me an email at illegaloperation@gmail.com and mention what parts you could write. For the most part, Ill be copying and pasting relevant info from the wiki, but adding in my own stuff where I think it needs it. Don't worry, I dont intend on changing anyone's writeups at all.
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"
Spunkmeyer

Postby Spunkmeyer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:44 am

I actually went ahead and made one. Feel free to let me know what you would like added. Check it out at http://www.advocatusdiaboli.ca/personal/Coranto_help.chm
Spunkmeyer

Postby Jackanape » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:18 pm

I very much like it! Especially that my name was added twice!

(Actually, I don't think I contributed anything of importance to the documentation, so I wouldn't want to diminish others' contributions, by having my name appear as contributor.)

I'm going to take my time reviewing it, but I think this is a shoe-in for Coranto 2.0 inclusion...what does everyone else think?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Spunkmeyer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:37 am

Awesome, sounds great to me. Let me know what needs to be changed if anything, and what you would like added. I would be more than happy to manage the CHM developement in terms of updating it etc.

I kinda went around and found stuff that I thought was relavent, but it should probably be noted that it doesnt include everything. So any criticism will be helpful.

Forgive me, but I was drunk when i posted this - and i couldn't quite understand what you meant about posting your name twice. I understand it now - hehe, and its fixed.
Spunkmeyer

Return to Documentation Project