Post-Build File Renamer/Mover // Error message

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Post-Build File Renamer/Mover // Error message

Postby Swordfish » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:06 pm

Whenever I post a new newsitem i get this message
Code: Select all
Error: Addon Post-Build File Renamer reported an error: There was a problem Renaming or Moving the file, please check your settings. In particular make sure that the destination path (if set) exists. (disable addon Post-Build File Renamer)

The destination path is is not set in any of the profiles using theese functions. Only file name and extension is changed. The file name is mostly set to index and extension to shtml.

The files are built, and the error message dissaperes the next time a build is made.

Dale?
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Postby Dale Ray » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:38 pm

The rename command was not successful. (returned false)

You can get more information on the error by changing this line (about line 58 with word wrap off):
rename($path.$k.".".$CConfig{'ArcHtmlExt'}, $newPath.$newName.".".$newExt) or $addon->minorError("There was a problem Renaming or Moving the file, please check your settings. In particular make sure that the destination path (if set) exists.");

to this:
rename($path.$k.".".$CConfig{'ArcHtmlExt'}, $newPath.$newName.".".$newExt) or $addon->minorError("There was a problem Renaming or Moving the file [color=red]($!)[/color], please check your settings. In particular make sure that the destination path (if set) exists.");

The $! will cause the system error message to be printed. The extra information may tell us why it fails.

Is this happening every other build or just on the first build for a new profile?
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Swordfish » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:54 pm

I'll do the code suggestion tomorow, I'm on a really bad internet connection at the the time...everything takes ages!

The problem seems to occour every time a new newsitem is posted. When the error message is displayed I just press build news and everything is ok. All the files are build in the right location with the right names...

...in other words, the only thing wrong is the apperence of the errormessage. What I haven't checked is if the files are built correctly before I press build news. I will check that tomorow as well...

I should have mentioned this in the first post. Sorry.
Swordfish

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:28 pm

Swordfish wrote:The problem seems to occour every time a new newsitem is posted. When the error message is displayed I just press build news and everything is ok. All the files are build in the right location with the right names...

Do you have autobuild on?

If you do and turn it off, do you still get the error?

Can you check right after the error (before you click build news) and see if all of the files are correct? (they exist and have the proper contents)

Thanks for the help troubleshooting this possible bug.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Swordfish » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:56 am

With autobuild on, the files are built without error - but the errormessage is there.

With autobuild of, the errormessage doesn't appear when I manually build news.
Swordfish

Postby Swordfish » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Any ideas Dale?

I'm out of suggestions for things to do with this.
Swordfish

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:42 pm

After you made the suggested change to the code what is the error now? It should be giving some additional info about the error.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Tanus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:20 pm

I have experienced the same error message. In my case I suspect that it is only happening when I am posting to an category that doesn't involve the file to be renamed/moved? I will not check it out at the moment as we are arranging a bigger event this week...
Tanus

Postby Cjkorf » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:29 am

Did anyone ever find an answer or solution to this?
Cjkorf

Postby Tanus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Not as I know. I only get it if I post to a category that are not shown in my rss-file. And hence the file to be moved is probably not generated. (But I have still not verified my theory...)
Tanus

Return to Addon Release and Support