Removing addons

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Removing addons

Postby driv » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am

I've been trying to tidy things up and wanted to remove some unused addons.

Firstly, I diabled then renamed them (just in case there was a problem).
All appeared ok until I went back into the addon link in the admin section.

I got an error saying that *whatever* addon couldn't be written to.

It's not essential that I remove these files, but I'd like to know how anyway.

Any ideas?

:)
driv

Postby Jackanape » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 pm

It's my understanding that if you disable them, you should just be able to remove them completely from the directory. This isn't working?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby driv » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 pm

That's right.
After disabling them and then deleting... if I click on Addon Manager, I get an error.

An error has occurred. The exact description of the error is:
Unable to open /path/example.com/cgi-bin/cra_xmultisubmit.pl. No such file or directory at /path/example.com/cgi-bin/crcore.pl line 281.
driv

Postby Pirate Elf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:47 pm

xmultisubmit actually patches coranto in some way I know that. Perhaps there is an error there when you turned it off?
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby driv » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:31 am

No errors when I turned it off.
But now you mention it, yeah, I do sort of remember some sort of 'patch' going on....
driv

Postby driv » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:43 am

Just to rule out xmultisubmit, I tried removing two other addons and got the same problem...

Unable to open /cra_UserGroups.pl.
No such file or directory at /crcore.pl line 281.

Unable to open /cra_guestreg.pl.
No such file or directory at /crcore.pl line 281.
driv

Postby Pirate Elf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:33 am

Ok you are sure you are turning the addon off? If you are turning the addons off before you are deleting them then it sounds to me like a bug in your particular installation. However, that might be a little weird. Are you using an addon to turn off the addons? I know there was that addon manager a while back, but I use it on a regular basis and it never bothers my addons so I don't think that is the answer either.

First step is to make sure you are fully disabling the addon. If you are then there is something going on where Coranto is still requesting X addon, but since you have disabled it it's causing the strange error.

Possibly a corrupt nsettings but that seems wrong too. What particular addons have you tried?

Also what version of Coranto are you running as this might help to find the error.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Return to Addon Release and Support