need help with maginot

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

need help with maginot

Postby AstroCreep » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:23 pm

Coranto is the easy part and everything is working fine with that. I've used it on other websites in the past.

I'm having a little trouble with Maginot though.

latest version of course.

Here's my problem....

Let's say I have 4 sections of the website.

game 1
game 2
game 3
game 4

On the main page of the site, I want all the news to show up. No problem, leave the include news.txt tag. That's great... just how I want it.

Now we go to the game 1 part of the site. It too has a main page for that section. And I want just the news for game 1 to show on that page. Do a little editing and there it is. Perfect right? nope. If I go and make a new news post, it overwrites the other one.

I've checked the files and it only shows the latest post in that file. I've tried both game1.html and game1.txt and it does the same thing.

How do I get it so it adds news to the file and not completely over write it?

Did I miss a setting or something?

thanks in advance
AstroCreep

Postby Dale Ray » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:22 pm

Each section will need it's own profile.

To determine which items go into the profiles you need to either use categories or use the Filter by Field addon.

Using categories you could have categories called:

Game1
Game2
Game3
Game4

You could use a profile called Main and include all of the categories.

Make a second profile for the items you want in the Game1 section and just include items from that category.

Each profile can include items from one or more categories, but each item can only belong to one category.

If you need more flexibility (such as some items appearing in more than one section) you can use the Filter by Field addon.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby AstroCreep » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:26 am

Thanks for the reply Dale.

Although I don't have a problem having the news showing up on the proper page. Game 1 news shows up with all the other news on the main section of the site. Game 1 news will also be the only news showing on the main page of the game 1 part of the site. The problem is it only shows the last news item for game 1.

If I go to game1.txt (or game1.html), it only has one news item listed in that file. The file seems to get overwritten each time with the latest news item, and doesn't have the item added to it like news.txt.

Or does Maginot not work like that?
AstroCreep

Postby SrNupsen » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:27 pm

AstroCreep wrote:Or does Maginot not work like that?

Nope. A Maginot static profile will take each news item and make a separate HTML file of it. If you want to have several items in the same file, either use a standard profile or a Maginot sliced profile that allows you to group news item together in numerous ways.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby AstroCreep » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:14 am

Thanks SrNupsen, that was the answer I needed. I have it working now, just need to mess around with some options to see what else it can do.
AstroCreep

Return to Addon Release and Support