Suggestion: extend off topic banter deletion time to 30 days

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:51 am

to give people a sence of meaning when they decide to post something personal, knowing it wont be gone in 3 to 7 days

increases the "community" feel, without really putting a hurt on servers
..nuttier then a squirrel turd..
InSAnE NiNjA

Postby msbzdragn » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:12 am

I'm not sure where you got the idea that threads are deleted in 3 to 7 days... They're actually deleted after 14 days, and that's 14 days of inactivity, ie. no replies. If you make a post here, it has 14 days to be replied to. If it is replied to, the counter resets and the thread will remain for another 14 days without reply before being deleted.

If an off-topic post hasn't been replied to in two weeks, then it isn't likely to be, honestly.
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby Parahead » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:10 am

msbzdragn wrote:They're actually deleted after 14 days, and that's 14 days of inactivity, ie. no replies. If you make a post here, it has 14 days to be replied to. If it is replied to, the counter resets and the thread will remain for another 14 days without reply before being deleted.
Maybe the forum intro text should include the same note as the test-post forum: "topics are automatically removed after they receive no posts for 14 days."
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Coranto.org Site Development