Problem with forum avatars?

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Problem with forum avatars?

Postby Lumberjack » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:40 pm

Has anyone else noticed that people who have no avatar specified seem to have the small white border still present? Or is this a case of the image not loading? It's a bit messy...
Lumberjack

Postby LoneOwl » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:47 pm

It's a result of transparency in the image and the avatar's location has a background color of white set.
LoneOwl

Postby Lumberjack » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:30 pm

I checked out the code after posting, and it looks like these people really do not have an avatar set, but the code for the border (cellspacing=3 I think) is still there... as this is php, I'm guessing a check for the presence of an avatar should be done, and if it is not present then the whole code (including border) should not be added to the page.
Lumberjack

Postby kriko » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:15 pm

Changed it a little, no white borders are now displayed. I wasn't able to remove them if no avatar, I'll try again later. Until I find a way I have disabled them completely.
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby Lumberjack » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Alright that's ok but if you can make it only put the border if there is an avatar then that would be cool, cos it did look good.
Lumberjack

Postby kriko » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:05 pm

Lumberjack wrote:Alright that's ok but if you can make it only put the border if there is an avatar then that would be cool, cos it did look good.

I have PHP parsing turned on for templates but for no avatar it gave an emty string WITH THE LENGHT OF 28 chars?! while testing. Functions such as emty and isset crashed it. I used
Code: Select all
<?php if(!empty('{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}')) { ?> lalal html... <?php } ?>
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby Lumberjack » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:24 pm

I don't know much php but that seems like it should work alright. Maybe you could remove whitespace afterwards?
Lumberjack

Return to Coranto.org Site Development