CONTEST! AN IMAGE for Main page / Welcome page intro text!!!

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby SrNupsen » Sat May 28, 2005 7:51 pm

My €0.02: That's very nice indeed!

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Sun May 29, 2005 12:48 am

i would think it would look better if you tilted it for the stem to go into the upper right corner,
..nuttier then a squirrel turd..
InSAnE NiNjA

Postby Jackanape » Sun May 29, 2005 3:33 am

I finally got around to making my early take on this concept.
A quick glance at the leaf itself offers opportunities such as multiple "panels" within the logo, to insert dynamic imagery. What I've inserted here is by no means a good example...I'd actually think more along the lines of one or two shots of the software interface, maybe an image of a successful "webmaster" at work, that sort of thing.

Y'know, I'm not even sure why I threw the shadow in there...I'm not sure it adds anything to the logo, just did it to make the sketch itself stand out.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby kriko » Sun May 29, 2005 4:21 am

Jackanape, they are too flashy, too hard core. Unfortunately they don't seem to go with the site's style being smooth and cool.
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby Jackanape » Sun May 29, 2005 4:39 am

No doubt, Kriko, these were just meant to illustrate the multipanel concept...the one angle I noticed could be utilized with the maple leaf...from a strictly design standpoint, it gives you alot of opportunity to do things like:

Take the 4 part graphic you have now, and incorporate it into your main logo...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Jackanape » Sun May 29, 2005 4:55 am

Like, for example, this:

This gives you an opportunity to incorporate exactly what you're looking to present all in one tidy package. After all, there had to be a reason you chose a 4 part front page image in the first place...
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby kriko » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:01 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Of them, which one?

I may add a few others tho..
First one is by dragon, others are by me.

Or none of them?

COMMENTS!
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:04 pm

Note: The image above by me was not intended as a permanent image - just SOMETHING that could replace the current image temporarily which we actually own the copyright to (it is a crop from a photo I took a few years ago).

As I said Kriko, vote or no vote, I'm not putting those other images up. The desaturation and blurring makes them just plain ugly, and difficult to tell it is even a leaf.

The source image isn't great, but those are much worse IMHO.
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby kriko » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:05 pm

k, people please create something nice. I am out of ideas for now.
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby Psykosys » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:03 am

I like #2 up there. But maybe a bit more blurry/closer to #4?
Psykosys

Previous

Return to Coranto.org Site Development