Coranto Documentation Project

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Coranto Documentation Project

Postby Dale Ray » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:10 am

You probably have seen the announcement on the front page of the this site. I have agreed to coordinate the effort to build a site to document how to use Coranto. My goals for this project are to:

Collect as much of the existing documentation in one place and organize it a sensible manner.
    Allow comments to the docs so that they are a living, growing group of articles.
    Create new documentation as needed.

I am hoping to help build the definitive resource for Coranto users.

My first request is for anyone who has written any documentation for Coranto, who is will to contribute it to contact me. You may have written this yourself or for a user of a site you built.

For now I will be working on building a framework for the documentation site. I will be asking for more help as the project advances.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Parahead » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:23 am

:cheers:
Great initiative and I just would like to give you my support! And of course the small document describing common webserver and Perl errors I have written can be used in this work...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:59 am

I made it a sticky so that people can see who to contact if they want to contribute anything. I haven't had time to check out the site yet, Dale Ray, but I'll soon go in there and post something. Good luck!

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby bozoka45 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:09 pm

Dale Ray, do you think that your site CorantoDemo could act as a "base" for a fuller Documentation?

Also, when you say comments, do you envision something like the user-contributed notes on the php.net site?
bozoka45

Postby neostasis » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:26 am

I am just about to start a documentation project for our intranet and its news and article submission proccesses are coranto driven.

As soon as I get some headway Ill throw it your way.

In fact your advice on revisions would be greatly valuable if your willing to give it
[image removed by administrator]
neostasis

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:00 am

bozoka45 wrote:Dale Ray, do you think that your site CorantoDemo could act as a "base" for a fuller Documentation?

Also, when you say comments, do you envision something like the user-contributed notes on the php.net site?

I am in the process of (slowly) setting up and testing the site and methods for the documentation project. When I have something that the powers that be (SrNupsen, etal) OK with it is planned to integrate the documentation into this site.

For comments I was going to look at iSay. I have never used it, so I will have to learn how it is used and figure out what I need to do to implement it. But, yes I have in mind a commenting system similar to php.net, but short of allowing page editing privileges as is done in a WiKI.

Many people have offered help, and I appreciate it. I am keeping a list of your names - you will hear from me in the future!

If anyone knows of Coranto Docs or addon docs that exist outside of this site please point me at them. I am trying to gather as much as I can that is already done so that the wheel does not need to be reinvented.

If you have written anything for yourself, clients, or your site users please send me a copy or point me at it. Anything contributed will be credited to the original author.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Parahead » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:31 am

Dale Ray wrote:If anyone knows of Coranto Docs or addon docs that exist outside of this site please point me at them. I am trying to gather as much as I can that is already done so that the wheel does not need to be reinvented.
I did some searching via google and found some sites that may be more "interesting" then usefull, but I thought I should share the links with you anyway...

http://www.elektrik-sheep.com/coranto/
http://www.coranto.com.br
http://www.nexcess.net/hosting/support/ ... anto/1.22/
Parahead

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:14 am

Documentation Project Update:

Just a note to let everyone know that for the last few days (and the next few) I have been busy with work and some family things. I have been working on the doc project when I have time.

Didn't want anyone to think I had disappeared. :wink:
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Corinthian » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:56 am

Anything I can do to help, just ask.
  • ProDefault - Change some defaults for new profiles.
  • BackMail - Have your news backup e-mailed to you.
Get them from Royalridge Coranto Page
Corinthian

Want to help (please read before discarding)

Postby braindonor » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:18 am

Hi Dale Ray,

I tried to startup something simular a few weeks (months?) ago. After posting on the subject everything in my personal live seemed to go to hell.
My mother almost died in a terrible accident (slowly recovering now), they thought their was a problem with my wife's prenancy (healthy baby will be born next week .... knock on wood.) , we bought our first house and i finally have a steady job. I regret not posting something here sooner but i didn't seem so important at the time.

However everything is going relatively well now and I really like to make a contibution to this project. Like I stated before, I have some experience is this line of work. I'm willing to tackle any given subject or addon. Maybe you can message me so we can exchange mail-adresses? Please let me know.
Walking through the city, looking o so pretty...
braindonor

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:46 pm

DaleRay, could I also suggest that you keep one "centralized" location for Coranto Addon's. Its sometimes very hard to find the most up-to-date addons when there are several different websites to download them from. Hopefully, all addon writers would report their newest addons to you, and your page could have the newest versions of all the addons.
bozoka45

Postby Parahead » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:32 pm

bozoka45 wrote:DaleRay, could I also suggest that you keep one "centralized" location for Coranto Addon's. Its sometimes very hard to find the most up-to-date addons when there are several different websites to download them from. Hopefully, all addon writers would report their newest addons to you, and your page could have the newest versions of all the addons.
There are different reasons why not all available addons are collected on this site... Some addons are made by a coder that has been banned and no linking to his site is allowed... For me personally and the addons I have made/updated they where not uploaded here because the addonsection was about to be changed and untill that happened I did not want to submit any addon info which I then needed to update a short time after, but since that never happenend I have actually submitted some of them...

But of course the goal should be to have one centralized place where addons are located, but in my opinion that place is here at CTUS, not on a documentation site? Or?
Parahead

Postby Dale Ray » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:42 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am wrapping up a couple of things today and tomorrow and hope to have time to get back to the doc project by Friday.

I am retired from what was my full time job for 30 years and now work part time, on my own, at various things. Being your own boss doesn't mean you get to call the shots, it means you work when the work is there.

The last ten days have been busy, which means extra income, but also no time for other things. :(

I have been reading the forums on a daily basis to try to keep up with what's going on. I am glad to see that there has been a lot of activity. I also see that we have new users and users who are pushing Coranto to it's limits, making the documentation project even more important. I realize this and will do my best to get it going as soon as possible.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby bozoka45 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:32 pm

Parahead wrote:But of course the goal should be to have one centralized place where addons are located, but in my opinion that place is here at CTUS, not on a documentation site? Or?

Well, I'd love to see that, but seeing that some people are "banned" and even linking to their sites is not allowed, having a centralized addon page on CTUS would be impossible, would it not?

Also, the addons page isn't serviced enough. If one person were in charge of that page (the adding and linking) of downloads, we could have a centralized page.

Regardless of whether or not someone is banned, we should still link to/host their addons. Just because two people got in a fight or there was some name calling (whatever the reason for the ban might be) doesn't mean that their addon(s) aren't helpful to this community.
bozoka45

Postby Parahead » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:43 pm

bozoka45 wrote:Also, the addons page isn't serviced enough. If one person were in charge of that page (the adding and linking) of downloads, we could have a centralized page.
This has been requested before and I have even voulentered for the job once... SrNupsen has just been appointed admin of this site and I think that we will see some improvements when he has settled down in his new home... :-)

bozoka45 wrote:Regardless of whether or not someone is banned, we should still link to/host their addons. Just because two people got in a fight or there was some name calling (whatever the reason for the ban might be) doesn't mean that their addon(s) aren't helpful to this community.
Couldn´t agree more... But the story between the two persons goes a long way back and since one of them is paying the bills for this domain, he has the final decision of what goes in and what stays out of this site, simple as that... Maybe he is willing to change his mind?
Parahead

Next

Return to Coranto.org Site Development