New Graphics

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:37 am

My two cents:

Green sucks, but colors are a personal choice. (I really don't like green, and don't get me started on purple)

I don't like the flag, but I think we should keep the leaf at least for the 1.25 version for consistency with older versions.

I pretty much like the logo this site is using.

And the beauty of Coranto is that it doesn't unleash the power of my pages, it manages the content. This separation of presentation and content is, IMO, what makes Coranto better than the majority of scripts that force users into predefined templates. Anyone using Coranto is not tied to one technology or method for presenting their site.

You can convert my two cents (U.S. currency) to your local currency here.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Gilbert » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:13 am

Two other options taking on board some comments.

Colours CAN be changed.

First of new options integrate though "subtly" all the "original" colours and elements.

Evolution (continuity) not revolution :D

... And in case you wondered but did not want to ask... the "Maple O" can be used alone as an "icon" when required
Image Image
Gilbert

Postby Swordfish » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:54 am

I'm updating my example from time to time with some new logos. I have two out on the same time...

I give a wote so far to the logo provided by Jackanape...

http://www.protrombone.com/gocoranto/php/
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Postby Gilbert » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:47 pm

Swordfish wrote:I'm updating my example from time to time with some new logos. I have two out on the same time...

I give a wote so far to the logo provided by Jackanape...

http://www.protrombone.com/gocoranto/php/

Visited your link. Allow me just a small comment. The logo suggested cannot be "judged" within the colour scheme and template you designed as it is a total departure of that framework.

It should be included to give it justice – and in order to judge – within an adapted look and feel (or all should be displayed at the same size on a "neutral" blank page).

Bottom line. Here the issue – beside the I like or not – is to give Coranto a strong adapted and contemporary identity for it to be eventually able to compete with other CMS and the like.

To pick on a comment made elsewhere. Of course the priority for a project like this is coders, etc. because without a product we can go nowhere however this does not equate to success (e.g. Betamax, Mac, etc.). In other words, believe you me if the look and feel is not adapted we are back to square one. The end-user does not really care about what is under the hood (a bit like when you buy a standard car) and a web-developer needs to deliver an end product with a look and feel equating bleeding-edge and dynamism. We are far from it.
Gilbert

Postby Jackanape » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:43 pm

Gilbert wrote:Bottom line. Here the issue – beside the I like or not – is to give Coranto a strong adapted and contemporary identity for it to be eventually able to compete with other CMS and the like.

To pick on a comment made elsewhere. Of course the priority for a project like this is coders, etc. because without a product we can go nowhere however this does not equate to success (e.g. Betamax, Mac, etc.). In other words, believe you me if the look and feel is not adapted we are back to square one. The end-user does not really care about what is under the hood (a bit like when you buy a standard car) and a web-developer needs to deliver an end product with a look and feel equating bleeding-edge and dynamism. We are far from it.

Correct. Again, we're moving ahead with what Swordfish and I have done for now, but continue planning for the eventual release of 2.0, which, as Gilbert says, needs to have an explosive and vibrant identity, visually.

That is a much longer term project, of course, but at least we've begun work on it now. I personally like the direction you're heading in, Gilbert.
When we have a 2.0 ready for release, we should simultaneously release the new look site as well.
Jackanape

Postby GabeT » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Nothing major, just messing around with ideas.
GabeT

Postby SrNupsen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Very nice!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Swordfish » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:18 pm

Nice...got a bigger version? Like to try it (about 100px high and 3-400 wide)
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Postby GabeT » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:23 pm

This is as big as it gets. I wasn't expecting anyone to like it, so i didnt really get crazy with it. I'm gonna remake it later on today. Here is a slightly bigger version of the first one. Image
GabeT

Postby Gilbert » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:58 pm

Nice – very nice – the O within the C concept

I am not too mad about the maple leaf though. Overpowering.

When I have two minutes tomorrow I may play around with your idea :wink:
Gilbert

Postby SrNupsen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:04 pm

Just thought I'd remark that this site might not be named gocoranto.com (or savecoranto.com) for a very long time, so I wouldn't incorporate the domain name TOO much in the design.

Without it being decided yet, my vote among the domain names at our disposal will go to www.coranto.org. I know we're not an organization (yet?), but it's the easiest to remember.
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
SrNupsen

Postby Jackanape » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:10 pm

SrNupsen wrote:Just thought I'd remark that this site might not be named gocoranto.com (or savecoranto.com) for a very long time, so I wouldn't incorporate the domain name TOO much in the design.

Without it being decided yet, my vote among the domain names at our disposal will go to www.coranto.org. I know we're not an organization (yet?), but it's the easiest to remember.

I concur. Be sure to use layers in whatever software you're using to design anything, so the text can be changed at a moment's notice.

For what it's worth, I, too, prefer coranto.org.

So, we'll start an organization...LOL

Savecoranto is pretty much dead already, although it seems to have served its purpose, and I still like gocoranto, perhaps as an offshoot of the main site, where we can concentrate on promoting coranto...bbanners, links, etc...

BUT, coranto.org should be the one.
Jackanape

Postby Lerickson » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:44 pm

Lee Erickson
lee@coranto.info
Lerickson

Postby Jackanape » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:50 pm

Absolutely love this one!!!
Jackanape

Postby Bluetooth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Maybe we should call it a Content Management Framework and not a CMS?

That would say more about the flexibillity of Coranto.
The way i see it (compared to other CMS'es), it's a CMS engine and a framework.

And for designs, we may want to loose the leaf to have more graphical freedom?
Bluetooth
---
Formerly known as Von Snellfharer

PreviousNext

Return to Coranto.org Site Development