In progress of changing registrar for coranto.org

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, Jackanape, SrNupsen, Bluetooth

In progress of changing registrar for coranto.org

Postby Parahead » Wed May 16, 2007 4:21 pm

Hello there!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am currently in the progress of changing registrar for coranto.org and will do my best for this not interupt the availability of coranto.org.

The background for the change is that the previous owner of coranto.org used RegisterFly as registrar and I just continued to use them. However, since the expiration date for the domain was coming up I started to look into changing to another registrar, but had problems getting a response from RegisterFly to my support tickets, I couldn't renew the domain and it was not easy to understand how to move to another registrar. I didn't thought that much about it, but just recently I got knowledge about the fact that ICANN has terminated RegisterFly's Registrar Accreditation Agreement which I have been totaly unaware of until yesterday. I do have been trying to renew and transfer coranto.org for over a month but not with *that* much energy.

Anyway, I just want to let you know that I have finally managed to issue a transfer from RF to another Registrar which is currently in the progress, I just hope it will be completed before the expiration date comes up. I will do my best for it not to cause any problems, but as you understand I can not give a full guarantee it wont.

Additional reading for the interested:
http://www.icann.org/announcements/anno ... 6mar07.htm
http://blog.icann.org/
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Musicvid » Thu May 17, 2007 3:13 am

parahead,
are you comfortable posting the name of the new registrar you are negotiating with?

not really important, but i really hope it isn't g*d*ddy !!
been there, problems galore. . .
Musicvid

Postby Parahead » Thu May 17, 2007 2:24 pm

Musicvid wrote:not really important, but i really hope it isn't g*d*ddy !!
been there, problems galore. . .
Nope, it isn't GD, I will use 1stdomain.net which I feel comfortable with. It is the same registrar as I have been using for years for my own domain parahead.com.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Coranto.org Site Development