Begun BETA testing Forum site integration

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Jackanape » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 am

There's not much more I can do here...I've toyed with % widths, etc...

I just can't spare any more time for "experimentation"...I'm inclined to leave things "as is", but if Sword thinks he can fix the overall site design to be more fluid, I'll take that and incorporate it into the forums...right now, I'm just too taxed to fiddle.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Swordfish » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:44 am

The design works good for the rest of the site, it may be small but still readable. If we put the menu in the header when inside the forum, we can make the forum liquid. That means loosing all of the boxes in the right field in all of the forum templates. The only menu item that one need inside of the forums is "Home". Place it ontop of the Forum Navi and we're there.

This could be a solution to live with, dont you think? I, too, don't have time to play with this site day in day out, so as far as I'm concerned we have boiled this down to two choices:

1) Keep everything as is right now!

2) Drop right field inside forum and make it liquid. Put the Forum Navi in the header as before with a "Home" link in addition.

...and ofcourse. Sr.Nupsen has allready mentioned this in his last post with a very nice list. So basically I agree with him. Would it take you long to change the templates Jack? I just really want 1.25 out now....

And remember folks, we have loads of time on our hands when 1.25 is out to works towards 2.0 and a fresher cooler webdesign.
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Postby Jackanape » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:37 pm

Swordfish wrote:And remember folks, we have loads of time on our hands when 1.25 is out to works towards 2.0 and a fresher cooler webdesign.

You might be right.

We leave it as is, and move ahead, while working on the next look for the site...anyone else see the wisdom in this?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Feathers » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:31 pm

To risk offending some...

Coranto is the product, the site is the packaging. Yes, a great package can help 'sell' a great product but no amount of packaging will sell an unfinished product.

Er...I mean, I agree.
Mike
(Maintaining the vB3Comments addon)
Feathers

Postby Dale Ray » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:45 pm

If I point out something small, like the link to the docs, that is all I am doing - making you guys aware of it. Don't feel like you have to address this stuff immediately. You have done a great job keeping everyone in the loop as to what is happening behind the scenes.

Put the small stuff on a list somewhere and get to it when you get to it. :D
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Jackanape » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:47 pm

It's on one, brother...see the other topic.

We'll get there, one step at a time!
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Swordfish » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:06 am

Whenever I get time around I will deal with small shitty stuff :lol: . I just have to say...I love seeing smileys from you guys, not every post is that way...

About the small things. Their on my list aswell as Jacks and Sr.'s so we'll get too'em. I have a list on top of Site Dev that I'm trying to keep up to date with all the small things. But there's allways a bunch of things that I don't think of writing down.

We're getting there, closer every day, to world domination :) It just takes time...
Swordfish

Postby Jackanape » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:25 pm

OK, I think I've solved the problem enough to get us through to the next phase.

How does it look, everyone? Will this work?
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Swordfish » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:29 pm

I will look a bit cleaner if you mesh together all three boxes into one, But guess this works yeah.
Swordfish

Postby Swordfish » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:30 pm

Dale wrote:Would it more appropriate to point he documentation link to:

http://www.corantodemo.net/wiki/

Yeah, It might....should we maybe? Jack? Sr.? If it's okay with you maybe we'll just do it?

About the forum. I wouldd reeeaaallly like for the boxes in the heading to have the same height. That would make my day, truly! Could you please do it Jack,*childish voice* could you could you could you?!

And...on the index of the forum, the detail boxes on the right contaning dates and so forth are placed differently. That is they have different width. It looks quite screwed up on Safari.

I'm using OSX 10.4 on an iBook with Safari and Firefox

Thanks in advance!
Swordfish

Previous

Return to Coranto.org Site Development