Begun BETA testing Forum site integration

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Begun BETA testing Forum site integration

Postby Jackanape » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:24 pm

Check out the Archives for what I mean. I need to stop now, but I will review all templates over the weekend, and have the Archives completely integrated. Once that's done, I'll do the main forums...it's mostly a test of the system before going live on the main forums.

Sword, is the weekend still the main ETA for the rest of the site?
Jackanape

Postby Swordfish » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:47 pm

Yeah, I think why not. But we have to get toghether and upload all of the addons. If the 1.25 is to be released we should upload that aswell...as soon as it's ready. I want to have all the pages up and running contentwise before we make anything official.

So main thing during this weekend is the following:
1. Upload as many Addons as possible.
2. Add text to About/Contact page
3. Freshing up the front page with a news profile

...keep up to date on progress here.

How do we organise the adding of addons? I'm really not up to the task of putting all of them in myself. Have enough work getting the site up and running as it is. And I havent even begun the work of making shure everything looks good everywhere...looks great on a mac :)
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Postby Jackanape » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 am

Swordfish wrote:Yeah, I think why not. But we have to get toghether and upload all of the addons. If the 1.25 is to be released we should upload that aswell...as soon as it's ready. I want to have all the pages up and running contentwise before we make anything official.

Agreed. This weekend is a good time to make it happen.
How do we organise the adding of addons? I'm really not up to the task of putting all of them in myself. Have enough work getting the site up and running as it is. And I havent even begun the work of making shure everything looks good everywhere...looks great on a mac :)

Dale has compiled a great list of addons, and hosted most of them up til now. If we can get together, I'd be happy to handle all the transfers of files...

This is also something that can be done in increments, I suppose. I think your content is most important right now.

Site looks good on PC firefox, by the way, and looks good in IE7. I will check with IE6 and other browsers over the weekend, as well...
Jackanape

Postby Gilbert » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:12 am

Quick two suggestions for the people that work ! :oops:

Is the easiest or quickest solution now not to supply the link to the current add-on download page ? No need to reinvent the wheel. This would allow new users to also "discover" dales web-site...

It would be a good idea to install Feather's phpBB Comments add-on as it would further integrate the news section and the forum
Gilbert

Postby Jackanape » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:31 pm

Dale has communicated that his solution was always meant as a stop-gap measure, until we could get things going here. The addon library will be a major undertaking, but it's something that we can get done a few at a time, until the task is completed.

I'm unfamiliar with Feathers' addon, I think it sounds pretty good, though, let me take a look at it.

As an observation, next week will mark the first month of this site's existence, and the week after that, the one month anniversary of going it alone without CTUS.

Seems to me we're making incredible progress for just a few weeks.

I'm thinking next week will be another great leap forward for Coranto, as the Sourceforge project is finalized, and we can start reaching out to everyone about upgrading their installations.
Jackanape

Postby Swordfish » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:27 pm

I think that we|ll supply the link to dales page as long as all the addons isn't added yet. Once the addon list is finished we can remove the link.

The integration between the site and forum is a great idea and can be put on the todo list...in fact I think I'll do that right now :) Things will get better...in time.

I believe that sunday will be my working day for the things that need working on. Hopefully you'll be there too Jack. about the Explorer...small things look different in IE6 that I can see. Some fonts are different, especially the menu. Font is very light. But as I said, I haven't worked on it at all yet so it'll be good to the end.

Okay...dinner!
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Postby Dale Ray » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:45 pm

Just a note about the addon downloads:

Where possible I linked to the author's site for the addon downloads.

If no other source of the addon was available I hosted it on my site.

Feel free to copy the descriptions of the addons. Where I was not familiar with an addon I installed it locally and looked at it briefly.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:31 pm

The forum integration looks kind of weird to me when viewinga thread:

[image removed because it fudged up the layout of the page]

Using Firefox 1.5.0.9 on Ubuntu.
Last edited by SrNupsen on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Jackanape » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:48 pm

SrNupsen wrote:The forum integration looks kind of weird to me when viewinga thread:

I haven't changed anything but the templates for the front page, to judge it there first.

There are still about a dozen templates I need to finish up with...I will see to that tonight when I get home!
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:01 pm

OK - just reporting one time too much :)

SrNupsen

Postby Jackanape » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:27 pm

Should be completely finished now...

Try searching, looking at posts, topics, forums, profiles, etc...

Let me know what I missed, although I think everything is in place.

If this works, I'll work up a solution for the main forums--this will be bigger, due to the fact that the main forum has many more pages to check in with...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:58 pm

Looks impecable to me.

SrNupsen

Postby Gilbert » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:20 am

Perfect on Camino – Mac OS
Gilbert

Postby Creative_z » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:27 am

Creative_z

Postby Jackanape » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:51 am

IE and its blasted bugs...I'll look at this tomorrow.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Next

Return to Coranto.org Site Development