Release Candidate of the News Categories addon

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Parahead » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:51 am

dweiss wrote:I'm using monthly archiving, I don't know wich any other data do you neeed.
That is good info. One thing we should try is if you rename (not delete) an old archive file and then do a full rebuild, is it recreated then? You should also have a file called something like XXX-links.txt, if you rename that file and do a full rebuild, does that change anything?

dweiss wrote:see this page and this one.

In both pages it's measing the last month before the actual one, june 2005 for the first one, and may 2005 for the last one ... I have news for both month but they are not there ...
I understand you have news that should go into the archives but I don´t really understand that last sentances...

dweiss wrote:thanks for the new version Parahead!
You are welcome. Let me know if you find any other irregularities with presenting or sorting the CategoryName.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby dweiss » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:35 pm

Parahead wrote:
dweiss wrote:I'm using monthly archiving, I don't know wich any other data do you neeed.
That is good info. One thing we should try is if you rename (not delete) an old archive file and then do a full rebuild, is it recreated then? You should also have a file called something like XXX-links.txt, if you rename that file and do a full rebuild, does that change anything?

I rename those files, made a full rebuild, and then all work fine. Don't know what happened, sorry for the inconvenience, but before asking for help I've done a full rebuild and didn't work ...

dweiss wrote:thanks for the new version Parahead!
You are welcome. Let me know if you find any other irregularities with presenting or sorting the CategoryName.[/quote]

I'm installing this week ... thanks again,

Regards,
Daniel,
Regards,
Saludos,
Daniel,
dweiss

Postby LoneOwl » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:39 am

There's a bug with building archives so sometimes they have to be deleted(or at least as far as coranto's concerned, can't find them), before it will be rebuilt properly.
LoneOwl

Postby Parahead » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:27 am

LoneOwl wrote:There's a bug with building archives so sometimes they have to be deleted(or at least as far as coranto's concerned, can't find them), before it will be rebuilt properly.
Some (all?) of these issues has been addressed in the next development version of Coranto. Previously if you removed a newsitem or changed the category for the item the archive was not updated to reflect this. Don´t know if you have any other scenarios where the archives where not updated correctly?
Parahead

Postby jasongpace » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:09 pm

Just wanted to chime in here since I started a thread long ago about Category Nice names... I installed this and it works perfectly. I can now remove my horrifically ugly work-around. :)

Thank you Parahead.

Edit:
I did find a problem. <Field: CategoryName> isn't working on address line builds.
Example here - At the top it should say "Parodies:", instead it just says ":". But it works fine on pre-built styles.
jasongpace

Postby Parahead » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:47 pm

jasongpace wrote:Edit:
I did find a problem. <Field: CategoryName> isn't working on address line builds.
Example here - At the top it should say "Parodies:", instead it just says ":". But it works fine on pre-built styles.
I am not entirly sure what you mean by 'address line builds' vs. 'pre-built styles'? I assume by the first you mean news presented through viewnews.cgi, is that correct? If so, I will look into it as soon as I get some time free... BTW, you are using build10-RC6, correct?
Parahead

Postby jasongpace » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:01 pm

Yeah, viewnews.cgi is what I meant, so that the article is built from the script at the time people hit the page instead of a static html page built when I click "build news". And yes, I'm using 10-RC6 with Coranto 1.24.
-j
Mildly Useless Addon: More Template Fields - Adds a field, MTF_ProfileName, for .tmpl files to use the profile name.
jasongpace

Postby Parahead » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:29 am

jasongpace wrote:Yeah, viewnews.cgi is what I meant, so that the article is built from the script at the time people hit the page instead of a static html page built when I click "build news". And yes, I'm using 10-RC6 with Coranto 1.24.
Find the line that looks like this in the News Categories addon:
Code: Select all
$addon->hook('ViewNews_2', \$Build_GetData, 5);

And just above that line you insert this line:
$addon->hook('ViewNews_If', 'NewsCategories_ReadCategoryInfo', 5);
Please let me know if that solves your problem...
Parahead

Postby Gilbert » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:56 pm

It seems that the <Field: CategoryName> does not work with the SearchNews 3.2 addon - i.e. when you insert it in the search style it does not display at all in the actual search page. Only the <Field: Category> displays correctly.
Gilbert

Postby Parahead » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:29 pm

Gilbert wrote:It seems that the <Field: CategoryName> does not work with the SearchNews 3.2 addon - i.e. when you insert it in the search style it does not display at all in the actual search page. Only the <Field: Category> displays correctly.
The CategoryName field is a new feature and if the SearchNews addon hasn't been updated to handle it yet, it will of course not work. So basically it is not a bug in the category addon, but rather a feature request for the SearchNews addon...
Parahead

Postby jasongpace » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:46 pm

Parahead wrote:
jasongpace wrote:Yeah, viewnews.cgi is what I meant, so that the article is built from the script at the time people hit the page instead of a static html page built when I click "build news". And yes, I'm using 10-RC6 with Coranto 1.24.
Find the line that looks like this in the News Categories addon:
$addon->hook('ViewNews_2', \$Build_GetData, 5);

And just above that line you insert this line:
$addon->hook('ViewNews_If', 'NewsCategories_ReadCategoryInfo', 5);
Please let me know if that solves your problem...

Sorry for the long delay, but I haven't been working on my Coranto site in some time. This worked perfectly. Thanks.
-j
Mildly Useless Addon: More Template Fields - Adds a field, MTF_ProfileName, for .tmpl files to use the profile name.
jasongpace

Postby Gilbert » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:35 pm

Lumberjack wrote:
dweiss wrote:When you change the name of the category at the admin --> Category AddOn. The categorys are sorted on 'CategoryName'. And when you 'submit news', the categorys are sorted on 'category'

Hmm yes this is true, it is of course just a cosmetic issue but the dropdown lists on submit news page could show the Display name rather than the internal name.

I concur but not only cosmetic as this will also allow to create standard internal category names and internal profiles name bonded together.

It would be a great time saver for the development of standards site as only the category display names need to be changed for the end user to use his site.

Is there away to achieve this already ?
Gilbert

Postby Parahead » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Gilbert, the problem that dweiss and Lumberjack talk about is old and applied to version 10-RC5 (and earlier versions) and if you would have read on with the newer posts in this topic you would have noticed there was a release which fixed that, so if you download the latest Release Candidate this is not a problem anymore...

I think the latest version mentioned in this thread is version 10-RC6, but there is an even newer version of the News Categories addon bundled with the latest development version of Coranto (1.31.x), which can be found here.
Parahead

Postby Gilbert » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Parahead

Many thanks for this lighting fast answer. Can I install the latest version of the " add-on " from Coranto (1.31.x) on my v 1.24 as being this a live site I followed your recommendation not to install 1.31 ?

If this is the case maybe it would be good to release " separately " the latest " News Category add-on " for the installed base of 1.24

Best regards
Last edited by Gilbert on Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilbert

Postby Gilbert » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Parahead

In fact I went ahead and installed the latest " News category Add-on " – VERSION build 10-RC8 on my current Coranto version.

Still displays the " internal name " in the Submit Page [I am using X MultiSubmit Version: 2.4.2]
Gilbert

PreviousNext

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older