Unique Bug

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Re: Had the same problem but solved it...

Postby doom » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:32 pm

Von Snellfharer wrote:On the other hand, i have experienced PC's to be a bit lazy on the cacheing and refuse to update some pages.
I.E. on a PC, my news don't allways come up on my browser after publishing from NP, but if i browse my way with the Mac it is updated.
If i then reboot the PC (1 - 3 times) the news show up.

I've seen this problem too and its basically IE's fault not PC's in general.
Sometimes you can press refresh 100 times on IE and it wont refresh. You go to Netscape, do a single "reload", get back to IE and voilá, there you have the page with new contents.

Its just weird...
doom

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:58 pm

Yep, that's a browser problem, not a PC problem. I've also not seen it happen with recent versions of IE.
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby Von Snellfharer » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:22 pm

Seen the solution with swithing between IE and Netscape, i've allso seen it the other way around.

PC and IE IS a wide standard, isen't it? :-)

BTW. Div Devlin: Did you solve your problem?
Von Snellfharer

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:53 pm

Von Snellfharer wrote:PC and IE IS a wide standard, isen't it? :-)

Yep, but then you wouldn't be happy if we described a buggy program as a "Mac problem", would you? And there's plenty of Mac programs that have bugs too. ;)
Michael R. Tomkins

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby LoneOwl » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:53 am

If it were a mac app that was closely tied into the core of the operating system, then it would be a mac bug, since it'd be part of macos. IE is part of windows, thus any IE bug is a windows bug.
LoneOwl

Postby msbzdragn » Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:52 am

LoneOwl wrote:If it were a mac app that was closely tied into the core of the operating system, then it would be a mac bug, since it'd be part of macos. IE is part of windows, thus any IE bug is a windows bug.

Windows /= PC - there are plenty of other OSes that run on the PC. Also, Internet Explorer is not part of the OS, despite MS'es attempts to suggest otherwise - it *can* be removed, it is just a horrible job to do so.

Just because Microsoft chooses to force their browser on users doesn't mean it is fair to compare a PC browser bug to a Mac OS bug. If I upgraded my browser, would you suggest that this was "upgrading my OS"? Of course not.

The bug you refer to - which, like I say, is fixed in at the very least the version on my PC, is not an OS bug. And my point still stands - Macs have bugs too, and I guarantee you there are bugs in the core of both operating systems, Mac and Windows.
Michael R. Tomkins

msbzdragn

Previous

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older