Newspro Addons

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Newspro Addons

Postby Kepster » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:52 am

Hiya

I was doing great with old NewsPro till I started scratching my head wondering how I might add RSS to my NewsPro generated news.

I took your advice to installing Coranto. Now that I'm several hours into trying to get my newspage back up I'm about ready to scrap everything and restore my old backup.

Over the last couple weeks I've scoured the net trying to find the RSS addon for newpro but most of the links for Newspro addons are dead.

If any of you could point me to where I can get that addon it would be a simple solution to my troubles.

Then maybe I'll tackle Coranto installation some other time.
Kepster

Postby kriko » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:33 am

Not sure if I have any RSS addons for Newspro on my site but you are free to browse around: http://factory.dusj.no/newspro/
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby plushpuffin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:33 am

I may have it. Let me search my backups.
I LIKE PIE
plushpuffin

Postby plushpuffin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:42 am

I just found an addon npa_rssfile.pl, but it was for Coranto. (Coranto used to use npa_* for its addon files, before elvii changed it to cra_* during the beta testing)

Good news, though:

http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6417

Someone just made an RSS addon for NewsPro.
I LIKE PIE
plushpuffin

Postby Kepster » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:09 pm

Thanks so much!

Thanks for keeping the legacy going!

I know it means a lot to so many communities that you have kept these projects running!

_____

Oh well, the link to the file doesn't work. :cry:

I tried using the cra_rrs.pl file changing it to npa_rrs.pl but Newspr wouldn't load after that.
Kepster

Postby plushpuffin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:47 pm

No, it wouldn't and shouldn't work. NewsPro's and Coranto's addon hooks are very different. It shouldn't be too hard to make an RSS addon for NewsPro by looking at what Coranto's RSS addon does.

What pisses me off is that I know there was an RSS addon for NewsPro, but I don't think I ever bothered to download it myself, and it was lost when elvii disappeared.
I LIKE PIE
plushpuffin

Postby plushpuffin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:56 pm

Why don't you ask both the author of the RSS addon and the person who requested it (from the other thread) if they will re-post the addon?
I LIKE PIE
plushpuffin

Postby msbzdragn » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:01 pm

I have just discovered the Netcenter addon on my old dormant NewsPro install. This looks to be RSS-related, but I'm going to need some time to confirm it doesn't include anything like directory / filenames on my server etc. before I can provide it.

How urgently do you need this? I am *very* busy for the next 2 weeks or so...
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby Kepster » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:25 pm

I definately understand "busy"

Mondays are my days off to do this kind of thing so I probably won't have time to work on it again till next Monday. But from the look of it, once I get the addon it will only take a couple minutes to upload and configure it.

As for Coranto, I plan on working on testing it and adding it to my site in a month or two when I'm not so "busy"

Hey! Thanks again for all the support!

Keep the legacy alive!

catcha later,
Kep

ps...who knows, maybe I can find some web space to host a download or two. I think I have some comcast webspace I never use.
Kepster

Postby plushpuffin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:43 pm

www.wwddfd.com/contrib/npa_netcenter.zip

I found it! I actually did have this addon, I just forgot the name, and I was looking for "RSS" :oops:
I LIKE PIE
plushpuffin

Postby Kepster » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:13 am

Hehe Thanks! :mrgreen:

I was trying to figure out the code to do this with the info you gave me and add it to my site. My knowledge of weilding html isnt too bad, but I'm afraid my wattage is a bit to low when it comes to writing code subroutines and such. :dead:

I've uploaded the addon and it looks like i'm well on my way to a successful set-up!
Kepster

Postby Parahead » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:33 pm

plushpuffin wrote:www.wwddfd.com/contrib/npa_netcenter.zip

I found it! I actually did have this addon, I just forgot the name, and I was looking for "RSS" :oops:
And the moral of the story should then be "name your addons to a descriptive name"... :lol:
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby plushpuffin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:45 pm

Well, at the time Netcenter was the main purpose of this addon. Also, I didn't make this addon, it was an official one made by elvii.

Although, your point stands. I can't even remember what most of my NewsPro addons did.
I LIKE PIE
plushpuffin

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older