blank page syndrome

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

blank page syndrome

Postby animevandal » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:01 pm

sorry if this has been talked about before (about a million times) but i just couldnt find an answer and im kinda short on time before i need to go...

ive used corranto and newspro in the past, and have set it up myself quite a few times and had no problems (im talking a couple of years ago now, so my memory could be fuzzy).

this time when i tried to install it corranto just gives me a blank page. no error or anything, just blank. i tried changing to 777, etc, but to no avail. emailed my host and made sure the path to perl was fine.

i tried installing newspro and got this error:
------
An error has occurred. The exact description of the error is: Untrapped Error: Can't locate npconfig.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at /home/content/a/n/i/animevandal/html/cgi/newspro.cgi line 188.
------

now i dont know a great deal about the inner workings of scripts but the npconfig.pl file is definately in there with the rest of them.

any help in fixing either of these would be great! im not too worried about which program i run as ive tried both and been happy with both in the past.

thanks very much!!

vandal
animevandal

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:28 am

This is a Coranto forum. This should be moved to the NewsPro forum.

My recommendation would be to try and install Coranto, its just a more advanced version of NewsPro.
bozoka45

Postby animevandal » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:11 am

i did try, before i tried newspro infact :)

"this time when i tried to install it corranto just gives me a blank page. no error or anything, just blank. i tried changing to 777, etc, but to no avail. emailed my host and made sure the path to perl was fine. "

any suggestions as to why id just be getting a blank screen?

any help would be great (just figured if i told you some info about what i got with the newspro part it might help find an answer as to why corranto wasnt working for me either)

thanks,

jo
animevandal

Postby Parahead » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:58 am

animevandal wrote:"this time when i tried to install it corranto just gives me a blank page. no error or anything, just blank. i tried changing to 777, etc, but to no avail. emailed my host and made sure the path to perl was fine. "

any suggestions as to why id just be getting a blank screen?
The blank page page may be caused by setting the file lock variable to true when the server in fact doesn´t support file locking. The filelock variable can be found in the cruser.pl file.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby plushpuffin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:04 pm

You must open newspro.cgi in a text editor and change the path variable.

$abspath = q^/home/content/a/n/i/animevandal/html/cgi^;
I LIKE PIE
plushpuffin

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older