Coranto 1.30.9

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby cerberos76_ » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:31 am

If you report bugs, I would also reccommend to test coranto betas first with no addons, just to make sure your bugs are related.
I hope to get back to coranto 1.30.9 in the next few days and solve the two known bugs O know of (one in the building with linux; the other with viewnews). All the rest as far as I understand was related to XMS
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:31 am

cerberos76 wrote:I hope to get back to coranto 1.30.9 in the next few days and solve the two known bugs O know of (one in the building with linux; the other with viewnews). All the rest as far as I understand was related to XMS
I don´t know if you have fixed the other things mentioned in this thread, but since I haven´t seen a note about it I thought it best to remind you about:
* The AddonDoc2 functionality is missing the admin function as reported here.
* The archive filehandle problem as reported by bozoka45. Previously in this thread I posted what I believe is the solution.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:37 am

also.. this bug needs to be addressed..

http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54944#54944
..nuttier then a squirrel turd..
InSAnE NiNjA

Postby Parahead » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:54 am

InSAnE NiNjA wrote:also.. this bug needs to be addressed..

http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54944#54944
I agree, like I mention in that thread I have fixed this in the CustomFields addon for radiobuttons and dropdownfields, but it should be in the core as well. The actual code in CustomFields that takes care of this is looking like below and should be easy to copy into the core at the NewsFieldEditSave_1 hook:
Code: Select all
my $CF_NewsFieldEditSave = << 'END_CODE';
 my $fieldtype = $fieldDB{$field}->{'FieldType'};
 if($fieldtype == 3 || $fieldtype == 5) {
  # Strip all options from leading/ending spaces
  my @cf_options = split /\|/, $in{'Options'};
  foreach (@cf_options) {
   s/^\s+//;
   s/\s+$//;
  }
  $in{'Options'} = join('|', @cf_options);
 }
END_CODE
$addon->hook('NewsFieldEditSave_1', \$CF_NewsFieldEditSave);
Parahead

Postby Dalponis » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:22 pm

I'm waiting for a final release, but what I hear is good. Keep up the good work guys! Don't stop.

By the way, is there ever going to be a mySQL release of Coranto? Just wondering.
Dalponis

Postby cerberos76_ » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:43 pm

There is already a version with SQL support and is in the form of an addon. One of tof the 30.x series is also to fix the potential problems that csql might have with the most recent core.
The SQL part will remain optional and as an addon. It is the most flexible option for most people.
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:45 am

Thought that this might be a small bug. Notice the ghost user:

bozoka45

Postby Parahead » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:18 am

A bug in the isNewMonth routine has been discovered which should be fixed in 1.30.x, check out this thread.
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:54 pm

I also think that the feature discussed in this thread should be implemented into 1.30.x. The thread is about changing the way SaveNews works by putting errormessages on an array, then have a hook right before any messages are printed out. This will allow addons such as Guestpost to override the printing and use it´s own layout, without revealing the internal Coranto admin interface.
Parahead

Postby LoneOwl » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:15 am

Perl can override subroutines so that wouldn't need to be a necessity. For multiple errors, which would be a seperate issue, a core change would probably be needed perhaps, but perl's kind of interesting in how it does all it does.... All subroutines except for constant subroutines(no arguments, just returns one constant scalar) can be overridden.

Although, overridding the die handler does sound peculiar.
LoneOwl

Postby Parahead » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:17 am

LoneOwl wrote:Perl can override subroutines so that wouldn't need to be a necessity. For multiple errors, which would be a seperate issue, a core change would probably be needed perhaps, but perl's kind of interesting in how it does all it does.... All subroutines except for constant subroutines(no arguments, just returns one constant scalar) can be overridden.
Yes, I know that we can override subroutines, I do it myself in a couple of my addons. And yes, I would say that we are talking about multiple errors, currently only one, but pushing errors onto an array would allow us to report several errors at once which would be a bonus.

Anyway, currently if one addon reports an error it does so by presenting an errorscreen (by calling simplePage) so it doesn´t matter how much you have overriden the SaveNews sub. If the addons pushed the errors it found on an array and then just before SaveNews printed out these errors there would be a hook, allowing addons to override the Coranto printing with it´s own customized errorpage. The addons concerned are Guestpost which currently can´t produce custom errorscreens when (for example) the Multipart and CustomFields addons report errors...

I may be missing the finer parts of what you suggest though and I am of course much willing to listen if your solution could be applied after all...
Parahead

Postby LoneOwl » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:47 am

Irregardless, a feature would need to be added to know when to add an error, and die now, or add an error and die later. Some problems may allow for a continuance, and for something incorrect chmod settings that would prevent writing to a directory, many errors would be shown to indicate the same problem.
LoneOwl

Postby Parahead » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:20 am

LoneOwl wrote:Irregardless, a feature would need to be added to know when to add an error, and die now, or add an error and die later. Some problems may allow for a continuance, and for something incorrect chmod settings that would prevent writing to a directory, many errors would be shown to indicate the same problem.
That really isn´t a problem. Often addons are responsible for "their own" fields, so pushing chmod problems for a Multipart field is handled within Multipart without also pushing messages about not being able to create a thumbnail for the image. Currently if an error is found, that error is printed out directly. Instead, the addon should just push the error to the errorarray and then return the processing to the Coranto core (not call CRdie!). And if you only want to show one error, it is always possible for the addon to check if the errorarray is empty or not before pushing messages onto it.
Parahead

Postby fridolf78 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:28 am

Would it be "somewhat safe" to install the latest version 1.30.9 at this point? Are there any upgrade instructions included in the zip-file? If not, can anyone let me now what files to replace?

Thanks!
fridolf78

Postby LoneOwl » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:32 am

Call it, safe to use, but not guaranteed to be bug free. The purpose of prereleases is to help discover bugs when new features are added.
LoneOwl

PreviousNext

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older