Coranto 1.30.9

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Coranto 1.30.9

Postby cerberos76_ » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:55 am

Hi all,
a new version of Coranto has just been released!

1.30.9 is out and ready for all your testing and suggestions!
The new and hopefully definite folder structure is now in place, with many other bug fixes and improvements.

This version is released in nine languages:
English, French, Italian, Norwigean, Dutch, Spanish, Swedish, Danish (~30%), German (~40%)

Please report suggestions and feedback on any eventual problems!

Please download the file from the given site only and do not redistribute the file elsewhere!
From now I am trying to keep some sort of small statistics of downloads to have an overview of number of people using these preliminary versions! Thank you.
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby Trinkaltbier » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:18 am

Is this the Christmas present?
Trinkaltbier

Postby Parahead » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:18 am

cerberos, just by looking at the changelog without actually installing this version it looks great! Nice work! :-)

I just have two things to bring up, the first one being that I *think* that the AddonDoc2 might not work as it is implemented now? The 'addondoc2' => 'AddonDoc2_ShowDoc' in the AdminHandler sub is missing which will prevent the AddonDoc2 feature from working? That would be the same as the line:
Code: Select all
$addon->registerAdminFunction('addondoc2','AddonDoc2_ShowDoc');
in the AddonDoc2 addon. Anyway, I will now also release the AddonDoc2 addon (with the txt feature included) so that people using pre 1.30.9 versions can use addons with stand alone docs as well... Maybe now I can find energy to finish Maginot build 15! :-)

The other thing is that the Coranto version checks now uses your domain www.-.com, is this really a good idea? I do understand that it is easier for you to have control over the information that is provided in return for the response that way, but shouldn´t this information (and the statistics) only be available here at CTUS?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:42 am

Sorry, but did I miss something?

An error has occurred. The exact description of the error is:

Unable to open /document/root/2005/news/table.tmpl. No such file or directory at crcore.pl line 299.

Should be /document/root/2005/news/templates/table.tmpl. Did I have to make a change somewhere?

*EDIT* This is a change that needs to be done in Maginot by searching for the string "ProcessTMPL". It appears that those are all the places that need changing.

Template editor doesn't pick them up either, just FYI. That wouldnt be hard to change though.

*EDIT*. There were only 4 changes I made with Template Editor to make it work, pretty easy to find, even for me.
Last edited by bozoka45 on Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bozoka45

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:14 am

To update my last post, I went through and disabled all the Maginot profiles, thinking it might only be those causing a problem.

After doing that, I got this error:

Untrapped Error: Subroutine main:: was called, but does not exist. (It isn't already loaded, and it isn't in the cache.) at crcore.pl line 614, <FH> line 1.
bozoka45

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:54 am

Ok, fixing up Maginot fixed up the "missing template" problem.

Another note, on the single file archiving for a standard profile (it was discovered on the default profile, but I can confirm on any standard profile), I'm still getting the "news build hanging" error that I was getting in this thread.

Can anyone else reproduce it?
bozoka45

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:22 am

Woohoo! I solved it, I solved it! :cheers:

Around line 1260 in crcore.pl, I found:

unless ($FilesOpened{$FileName}) {
   $FilesOpened{$FileName} = CRopen(">$ProfArchiveFilePath{$i}/$FileName.txt");
}
print {$FilesOpened{$FileName}} $newshtml;

When I commented that part out, news was building fine and not hanging, so I figured there was an error in there somewhere.

I changed it to:

unless ($fh{$ProfileName}) {
   $fh{$ProfileName} = CRopen(">$ProfArchiveFilePath{$i}/$FileName.txt");
}
print {$fh{$ProfileName}} $newshtml;

Not sure why that works, but it does! Would anyone mind explaining what the difference in the code is? I more or less got it by guessing.
bozoka45

Postby Parahead » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:42 am

bozoka45 wrote:Woohoo! I solved it, I solved it! :cheers:
I am sorry, but I really wouldn´t say you solved it... You have changed the way the archive routine writes to the file, that is correct, but the new code needs tweaking to be a good solution I think, using a new fh hash instead of the FilesOpened hash is a workaround, not a solution. I can´t really say why the old code didn´t work, but my guess is that the file is opened twice and thus locked the second time, which causes Coranto to hang...
Parahead

Postby cerberos76_ » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:13 pm

In order:
1) This version has the final folder structure. Of course it might need some little further tweacking. I will certainly release a new version before Christmas to take care of any remaining little tweaks. But even then, the work will continue as there are lots of things to add.

2) I am not sure why those Maginot problems occur. I will check its code and test a bit to see if the template directory is causing any trouble and if that can be solved from the core.

3) I cannot reproduce the "Single Archive" bug. I know what caused the first error you reported (that was realtively easy to trace). Looking at the code you suggest I have an idea of what might be causing. But I am not sure why this is not happening on my platform (maybe this is to do with file locking which is not enabled in my test win server as Parahead suggested).

4) I will check the addon2doc. Not really tested it yet, but I thought I had registered it among admin functions.

5) The logging features (if enabled) will all point to my server (on www.-.net). The code I have written is very similar to check: version, alpha version and do urgent remote message push. This is changed from the past (when there was email collection; which did not work anymore and is not necessary anyway).
I am logging only on the version check and only the 4/5 parameters written in the changelog. I want to use the statistics to get some nice graphs of server types used for Coranto.
Coranto addons:

cerberos76_

Postby Parahead » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:55 pm

cerberos76 wrote:4) I will check the addon2doc. Not really tested it yet, but I thought I had registered it among admin functions.
Well, I couldn´t find it, I haven´t installed 1.30.9 myself, just checked the code... ;-) I have released the AddonDoc2 addon now as well.

cerberos76 wrote:5) The logging features (if enabled) will all point to my server (on www.-.net). The code I have written is very similar to check: version, alpha version and do urgent remote message push. This is changed from the past (when there was email collection; which did not work anymore and is not necessary anyway).
I am logging only on the version check and only the 4/5 parameters written in the changelog. I want to use the statistics to get some nice graphs of server types used for Coranto.
Yes, I do understand and appreciate what you want to do with the information, I am just wondering if that info should be located here at CTUS and nowhere else?
Parahead

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:37 pm

cerberos76 wrote:5) The logging features (if enabled) will all point to my server (on www.-.net). The code I have written is very similar to check: version, alpha version and do urgent remote message push. This is changed from the past (when there was email collection; which did not work anymore and is not necessary anyway).

Cerb, I would be grateful if you could redirect that to this server please. The more servers involved, the more chance of failure in the future. You should be able to install whatever you need on this server instead, either yourself or by liasing with Nupsen (I forget what access you have).
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby cerberos76_ » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:01 am

bozoka45,
1) what OS are you on?
2) Are you sure you do not have an additional profile named news-archive?
3) you could check this code instead:

if ($FilesOpened{$FileName}) {
   $FilesOpened{$FileName} = CRopen(">>$ProfArchiveFilePath{$i}/$FileName.txt");
}
else { 
$FilesOpened{$FileName} = CRopen(">$ProfArchiveFilePath{$i}/$FileName.txt");
}

print $FilesOpened{$FileName} $newshtml;

Your code is in fact not correct. That initial unless is there to prevent the file from being rewritten in case the file handle is already been opened externally (by an addon) via the hook BuildNews_SingleArchive.

The name of the profile been built during this single archive loop is $FileName= "$i-archive" and not $ProfileName as you check for (in fact your check is not relevant as the two are different files).

It might also be a problem with the syntax of print (which I changed in the above code).

Please test and report!
Coranto addons:

cerberos76_

Postby Steffen » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:04 am

Running now for a few weeks 3.0.8 without issues.

Upgraded from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 and moved all the .tmpl files to the template folder. When doing a build there is an error that the template could not be found. The template is selected in a Maginot profile.

Running windows.

Steffen
Steffen

Postby cerberos76_ » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:49 am

Steffen wrote:Upgraded from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 and moved all the .tmpl files to the template folder. When doing a build there is an error that the template could not be found. The template is selected in a Maginot profile.

Steffen, thanks. The issue with Maginot is known.
Check this for instruction on how to solve it
http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7586

I am sure Parahead will introduce these changes in the coming v15 of Maginot
Coranto addons:

cerberos76_

Postby bozoka45 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:24 am

cerberos76 wrote:bozoka45,
1) what OS are you on?
2) Are you sure you do not have an additional profile named news-archive?
3) you could check this code instead:

1) Linux Operating system, with file locking enabled.

2) No, I do not have another profile.

3) I believe the print sytax is incorrect. With the new code I get this error:

Untrapped Error: Subroutine main::BuildNews encountered a compile error during autoload: syntax error at (eval 19) line 309, near "} $newshtml"

I changed the print syntax to that of before:

print {$FilesOpened{$FileName}} $newshtml;

After changing that line, the news build still was hanging.

Your code is in fact not correct. That initial unless is there to prevent the file from being rewritten in case the file handle is already been opened externally (by an addon) via the hook BuildNews_SingleArchive.

The name of the profile been built during this single archive loop is $FileName= "$i-archive" and not $ProfileName as you check for (in fact your check is not relevant as the two are different files).

It might also be a problem with the syntax of print (which I changed in the above code).

Please test and report!

I didn't think it was correct, but I was able to confirm that that line of code is the problem, or else very close to it.
bozoka45

Next

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older