Coranto 1.23 Coming!

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Coranto 1.23 Coming!

Postby Lawrence » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:36 pm

Hey guys,

I haven't been around much lately ( life takes alot of my time lol ), but i am planning on releasing a small bug fix update as soon as i get home tonite. It will contain fixes to the following bugs.

1) Profiles previously containing news item not being updated after being changed to different category with Modify News Edit.
2) Some <If> codes not being replaced correctly.

The release will be published as 1.23 because these are two important bug fixes, in my opinion.

Time to run :)
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lw-craddons/
Lawrence

Postby SrNupsen » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:58 pm

Bravo, Lawrence!!

:D

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Pirate Elf » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:30 pm

Yargghh matey!!! Excellent. I have expierenced the modify bug but only recently, and now there is a bug fix. Wheeee!
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Re: Coranto 1.23 Coming!

Postby admin » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:38 am

Lawrence wrote:Hey guys,

I haven't been around much lately ( life takes alot of my time lol ), but i am planning on releasing a small bug fix update as soon as i get home tonite. It will contain fixes to the following bugs.

1) Profiles previously containing news item not being updated after being changed to different category with Modify News Edit.
2) Some <If> codes not being replaced correctly.

The release will be published as 1.23 because these are two important bug fixes, in my opinion.

Time to run :)

Lawrence

Let me know when you're ready to do this, I'll post it to the site.
admin

Postby Lawrence » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:14 am

Okay, i've posted 1.23 to the corantobeta site, so it can be tested to make sure it actually does fix the bugs.

Coranto v1.23

It's best to hold off an official release for a few days, at least till we know its fixed the two bugs stated in this thread.
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
Lawrence

Postby Pirate Elf » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:52 am

No sign of the modify bug that I have found yet, and also did you manage to add the new hook parahead mentioned., I think it's here :-)
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby kriko » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:02 am

Hold off your horses for a short while ;)
Does the category-profile bug fix include a bug fix for deleting item from the newsdat -> build function?! I think there was such a bug.
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby Pirate Elf » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:31 am

I believe it did because I was expierencing both of these bugs and now haven't seen it pop up. Mind you I can't heavily test it during the weekend but it seems to have fixed those kinks
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby cerberos76_ » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:29 pm

Pirate Elf wrote:No sign of the modify bug that I have found yet, and also did you manage to add the new hook parahead mentioned., I think it's here :-)

I would recommend NOT to introduce that modification or any other!
This release is a bug-fixes ONLY. New features should only come in the development versions, otherwise it will become increadibly confusing.

The hook requested by parahead in included in the 1.30.4 which I plan to release sometime soon (I need some testing).

Any new feature or request, that is not a bug fix should be asked for the new versions only! That's the only way to achieve stability on one branch.
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby kriko » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:40 pm

cerberos76 wrote:I would recommend NOT to introduce that modification or any other!
This release is a bug-fixes ONLY. New features should only come in the development versions, otherwise it will become increadibly confusing.

The hook Parahead requested shouldn't affect the stability of Coranto whatsoever. I have used Coranto 1.22.1 with the added hooks from Parahead on Coranto Factory in combination of his addon fine and have had no problems related to it.
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby Parahead » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:19 pm

I agree with Cerberos on this, new requests should only be added to the next development branch, releases regarding the current stable version should only consist of bugfixes...

And it is not just when talking about 1.22.x vs 1.30.x but always when talking about stable version vs development version. Even a tiny modification or a new line of code could have an impact on the stability and that is what the development version is there for; to test out new features before they are being released to the general public... :-)

The keywords you used kriko was "shouldn´t affect". Both you and I know that the modification works just fine :-) so it is not that, it is more of a principal than about the specific hooks I requested...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Pirate Elf » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:02 pm

k guys after some testing of 1.23 and me getting around to talking about it I want to let you know to check somethings.

1: It caused a newsdat.txt not found error (1st time in a longggg time)
2: It still has trouble with if/else parsing

However it does fix the modify news bug.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby Parahead » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:38 am

Pirate Elf wrote:2: It still has trouble with if/else parsing

Well, I did specify *exactly* which lines that needed to be modified in cradmin.pl in this thread, but there has been a change in line 1831, 1864, 1868, 1871, 1922, 1936 and 1987 as well, causing the if-statements below to be screwed up this time:
<If: isnewdate>
<If: End>
<If: Else>
<If: Field: Name>
<If: Sub: Name>
<If: Else: Field: Name>
<If: Else: Sub: Name>

Please note: A substitute line (s/../../) with the x-modifier behind treats a space as a comment, thus a "real" space must have a backslash before it ("\ "), otherwhise it is treated as a comment. A substitute line without the x-modifier must *not* have a backslash before a space.

May I come with a small suggestion regarding the version-numbering again, when doing a bugfix for version x.yy.1, shouldn´t that bugfixed version be labeled x.yy.2 and only when proven stable be labeled x.zz?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Pirate Elf » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:34 pm

Parahead wrote:May I come with a small suggestion regarding the version-numbering again, when doing a bugfix for version x.yy.1, shouldn´t that bugfixed version be labeled x.yy.2 and only when proven stable be labeled x.zz?

indeed
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby Lawrence » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:22 pm

A updated fix for the If: Else bug is coming :)

UPDATE: Try 1.23 now... updated cradmin.pl as pointed out by Parahead
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
Lawrence

Next

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older