Needed for 1.25 (which is build 40, btw)

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Broomsy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:33 pm

I have got the package with all the changed files. The CSS has been integrated. I have updated all of the files with some code cleanup which also makes the file dates new which is good to see as the project looks alive (which it is now). Will release this when its complete.

Whats the location of the script files?
Broomsy

Postby Broomsy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 pm

Its ok I got em. Hopefully a release will be made today :)
Broomsy

Postby SrNupsen » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:32 pm

Hang on, for the text changes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Broomsy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:44 pm

What text changes? I have changed everything in the files?
Broomsy

Postby SrNupsen » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:55 pm

Sit down and take a breath. We need one person to look over this and be the one releasing, we can't have 5 people making their own 1.25 packages.

Are you sure you have:

- Upped the build number in all relevant files?
- Rewritten readme.txt to explain what's behind this release?
- Added info to changelog.txt?

If so, since I've allready done that, then I've kind of wasted my time. I suggest Jackanape collects everything, makes a package, and then we'll send it between us to make sure nothing is missing, and THEN we do the release.

Not because we are the coolest and smartest and so on, but for practical reasons (having access to the site etc.)
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
SrNupsen

Postby Broomsy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Thats cool. No worries. I thought I was looking after 1.25 and anyone who wanted to work on it should of contacted me. As nobody did I thought I would do it myself.

Did you get the upgrade script to work and display the picture?

Release away my friend.
Broomsy

Postby Broomsy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Here is my changelog by the way:

- Code cleanup on all distributed files
- New look
- Updated setup.html
- Updated readme.txt
- Updated references to gocoranto.com
- Updated setup
- Updated update information
- Added favicon.ico
- Some XHTML 1.0 work
Broomsy

Postby Lumberjack » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:22 pm

I'm hoping you've logged which lines were changed and to what..
Lumberjack

Postby Broomsy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:26 pm

No I didnt as I thought this was just a release to get it out of the door and keep it alive. Then all work was going to be carried out on Paraheads 1.31.5 which I understand you are working on already? Hows that going?
Broomsy

Postby Lumberjack » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:33 pm

It would be nice to know how I should mirror the changes in the dev release. Can you track back your changes? I'll have to search through and find all your changes between coranto 1.24 and the new 1.25 otherwise. That could be fairly straightforward but it will take some time :/ but if you have a list of things you changed (the code before and after) then it will be easy for me to update the dev release to reflect those changes.
As for work on the dev release, well I'm hoping another coder will come to help me out, as there is quite a lot to do. I've tested a few addons but there's no way I can do all of them myself and run compatibility checks. See the 2.0 forum for more details..
Lumberjack

Postby Broomsy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Its nothing major really. I can reflect my changes in 1.31.5 after 1.25 is released.

Just got rid of all links to gweilo & amphibian, removed all words unofficial, updated the look of the addons documentation to reflect the new look, updated the readme and added upgrade instructions, updated the setup.html file with the new look and some other various stuff.

I can imagine the 1.31.5 release is very different anyway so line numbers and stuff would be hard to track. My thoughts were lets just get another decent stable release out as were not sure how long it will be around for.
Broomsy

Postby Jackanape » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:08 pm

SrNupsen wrote:Not because we are the coolest and smartest

Aha!

Speak for yourself... :wink:

Seriously, though, I'll do what I can to help set up a version and give it a test spin...I'm not sure what else I'd be good at, not knowing anything about PERL. As for actually assembling a download package, I'd rather this task lay with someone familiar with the job...I know I'd screw something up! Could the two of you bounce that back and forth between you?
It is probably best to keep the actual release under the admin umbrella, naturally.

We still need to know how an upgrade would work, too...although I suspect since the core doesn't change, it's a simple file replacement? Is that accurate, Broomsy?

SrNupsen, are the text changes you made to the same version Broomsy's been working on? If not, is it an easy combination?

I guess I'm a little confused...
Jackanape

Postby Broomsy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:13 pm

I am guessing SrNupsen has just changed the gweilo links.

Yeah a simple file replacement is what it takes but also changing one line in nsettings for the new look as if you reupload this it wipes all your settings.
Broomsy

Postby Lumberjack » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:17 pm

Broomsy, as soon as 1.25 is shipped out, can you please download the dev release from corantobeta.gwe ilo.org, make the same cosmetic changes, and make a post in the 2.0 forum of exactly what lines were changed, and to what. We would really appreciate your help with that.
I'm glad to hear you've updated the setup.html file to the new look! There is a subroutine in coranto which produces the addon documentations, it will need to have this revamp too. I guess that should be easy.. and I need to look at it anyway, as it doesn't always process the * item correctly.

EDIT: what is the line change in nsettings.cgi?
Last edited by Lumberjack on Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumberjack

Postby Parahead » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:17 pm

Broomsy wrote:- Updated references to gocoranto.com
I have control of the domain www.coranto.org, personally I think that would be a better choice of name to use as a more long term domain name for Coranto? I have mentioned this to Jackanape before and offered to direct it to this site.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

PreviousNext

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older