v1.25 Discussion

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

v1.25 Discussion

Postby Broomsy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:44 pm

This is coming together nicely. It has had minimal testing. Any developers who wish to jump on board get in contact with me.

Does anybody know if Paraheads changes to 1.31.5 are well documented?

Basically any improvements made by developers should be sent to me with instructions of what to change where. This could get messy later down the line but it is the only way we know that we will be working on the same version.

Look for the new version soon which will be the first step in bringing Coranto back for 2007. Are we saying that this will soon be the official site and any links to amphibian should be removed?
Broomsy

Re: v1.25 Discussion

Postby Jackanape » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:56 pm

Broomsy wrote:Look for the new version soon which will be the first step in bringing Coranto back for 2007. Are we saying that this will soon be the official site and any links to amphibian should be removed?

Yes, that seems to be the unanimous opinion in this first 5 days...

The links to amphibian for the last 5 years simply killed Coranto. Unless someone wants to spend $12k on a dead domain, THIS will now be the official site.

As for Parahead's changes, check out the archives...there should be something there. But, again, let's not make any serious changes that could impact addons, etc. I think this version should just be about look, feel, license, and support structure--i.e., linkbacks to here, version checking, etc.

Once we can get 1.25 out, we can start looking at Parahead's 1.3.
Jackanape

Postby Broomsy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:58 pm

Yeah I hear you. I am just cleaning up code basically and sorting out the links :)
Broomsy

Postby Broomsy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:18 pm

We need the file off of coranto.gwe ilo.org which finishes up the setup. Its called done.php.
Broomsy

Postby Lumberjack » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:45 pm

When making changes to the code, make certain that they are not changes that will interfere with Parahead's efforts. In fact, I plan to run both versions locally, so when you make changes let me know what lines and I can test them both together (fresh coranto installs). We must avoid conflicts with all Parahead's hard work. Plus, if I do this, then Parahead's dev release will have the updated css and so on, which will save some time later. Sound like a good idea?
Lumberjack

Postby Jackanape » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:07 pm

:) :) :)
Jackanape

Re: v1.25 Discussion

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:08 pm

Broomsy wrote:Does anybody know if Paraheads changes to 1.31.5 are well documented?
There is a changelog included in that version. I have also tried to include a small note at each section in the code where changes have been made from 1.24 with a version tag. Other than that, there exists programs like CSDiff which makes it rather easy to see which sections are changed... ;-)

Lumberjack wrote:When making changes to the code, make certain that they are not changes that will interfere with Parahead's efforts.
I agree, however, branching a code version will *always* make it harder to keep the developoment branch up to date. Lumberjack, you are one of the people that has the knowledge to keep 1.31.x up to date with any new stuff introduced into 1.25, so it sounds good to hear you will run both version locally. :-)

Anyway, more or less wanted to say that I am still around and try and keep an eye on whats going on, just don't have the time to take an active part, sorry...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Lumberjack » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Good to see you Parahead, you were always the most helpful the last time I was around here. I don't want to stall the plans for 1.25 but I think they will need to be checked with what you have written, otherwise your code will be lost I'm afraid.
Lumberjack

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Lumberjack wrote:Good to see you Parahead, you were always the most helpful the last time I was around here.
Maybe that was one of the problems, I sometimes felt that there where to few people helping others in the forum so I spent (too) much time helping out instead of *just* coding...

Lumberjack wrote:I don't want to stall the plans for 1.25 but I think they will need to be checked with what you have written, otherwise your code will be lost I'm afraid.
Yes, I agree. It looks like you have taken this task under your wings which I whish you good luck with and feel free to contact me if you need some pointers to in any way (or just another devloper to toss ideas with).
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older