1.25.1 Dev Topic

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

1.25.1 Dev Topic

Postby Jackanape » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:15 pm

OK, I'm going through the files now, for a sweep of gocoranto.com, and replacing all with coranto.org.

I will list bad links as I find them...I need help sorting these out...

1) In Coranto.cgi, here, around line 158:
Code: Select all
# This roundabout method of printing CSS code exists to make things easier for addons.
sub PrintCSS {
   unless($CConfig{'HeadCSS'}){
   &ReadConfigInfo();
   }
   my $css = $CConfig{'HeadCSS'};
   # HOOK: PrintCSS
   if($Addons{'PrintCSS'}){my $w;foreach $w (@{$Addons{'PrintCSS'}}){my $addon=$w->[2];eval ${$w->[0]};AErr($addon,$@)if $@;};}
   if ($css) {
      return qq~<style type="text/css">
<!--
$css
-->
</style>~;
   }
   else {
      return q~<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ht tp: //www.go coranto.com/coranto/crscript.css">~;
   }
}

As you can see, it references a /coranto/crscript.css file.
Can someone shed light on this?
Last edited by Jackanape on Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Jackanape » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:37 pm

Everything is done, except for the above outstanding piece of business...

Here's how the changelog will read:

<h2>Version 1.25.1</h2>
<ul>
<li>Repaired whitespace issue in cradmin.pl (Thanks, Sr Nupsen)</li>
<li>Updated all gocoranto.com references to coranto.org</li>
<li>Fixed zip package directory structure</li>
</ul>

Now is the time to chime in with any other small details...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Spunkmeyer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:19 am

I could be completely wrong, and I often am with these types of things, but it looks like it calls that default "fallback" css file if there was no custom CSS inserted for $css. The way the tag is included indicates that the css is included in the generated page as opposed to a seperate referenced file.

Who knows, it doesn't link to anything live - im sure it doesnt do too much. It can probably be removed.

If you were wondering where it came from in the first place, i have no idea.
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"
Spunkmeyer

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:59 am

Here it is (the original content of /coranto/crscript.css), in case any of you want it for something. I've also uploaded it to the current location on THIS site just in case, but haven't really looked at it yet.

Perhaps we should swap it with the new default theme?

Code: Select all
<style>
<!--
body {
   font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   font-size: 15px;
}
A:hover {
   text-decoration: none;
}
.navlink {
   font-size: 13px;
   font-style: normal;
   font-weight: normal;
   background-color: #FFF8CA;
}
.yellow {
   color: #ffcc33;
}
.miniheader {
   font-style: italic;
   font-weight: bold;
}
.largeheader {
   font-size: 24px;
   color: #FFCC33;
}
.fieldtitle {
   font-size: 16px;
   font-weight: bold;
   background-color: #DADADA;
}
.description {
}
.redbg {
   background-color: #E10000;
}
.darkgbg {
   background-color: #666666;
}
.confirm {
   font-size: 16px;
   background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
.yellowbg {
}
.midheader {
   font-size: 19px;
   color: #FFFFFF;
   background-color: #666666;
}
.footnote {
   font-size: 12px;
}
.whitebg {
   background-color: #FFFFFF
}
.lightgbg {
   background-color: #CCCCCC;
}
.bodybg {
   background-color: #FED385;
   color: #000000;
}
-->
</style>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Jackanape » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:10 pm

OK, seems simple enough.

Luimberjack reminded me that we have 1.25 on the CVS over at SourceForge now, so I'm going to finish the edits there, probably tonight...

Have to figure out how to go about it, of course...

:wink:
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:03 pm

One more thing: On profile settings pages, the following text explains the "Display Coranto Link" field:

Adds a link to the Coranto home page to the end of the generated text file. With this version of Coranto, you must include a link on every page of your site that contains news items. If a page contains only headlines that link to full news items, it is exempt from the linking requirement. The default will link to the AmphibianWeb website, which has currently been taken offline. As options, you can choose to link to the unofficial site, or to display the 'Powered by' text with no link, should you not wish to link to a site which is offline.

I propose we change this to reflect this site's new status as well as removing the name Amphibianweb, which hardly means anything to anybody anymore:

SrNupsen's proposal wrote:Adds a link to the Coranto home page to the end of the generated text file. With this version of Coranto, you must include a link on every page of your site that contains news items. If a page contains only headlines that link to full news items, it is exempt from the linking requirement. You have the option of disabling this setting now, if you for layout reasons want to include a link to www.coranto.org in another manner.

SrNupsen

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:07 pm

AND the option "Link to unofficial site" should also be removed, since the unofficial site has gone AWOL.

SrNupsen

Postby Spunkmeyer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:34 pm

With this version of Coranto, you must include a link on every page of your site that contains news items...

I think we should re-word this (also definitely make it easier to change the link's output css/html attributes (such as the ability to add a <span> tag around it with a custom class etc). People don't generally like to have necessities thrown at them. I've just picked that up from personal experience - and really, when you think about it, we have no way to enforce the rule :/, especially when we include an option not to include it.
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"
Spunkmeyer

Postby Musicvid » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:36 am

I think it is important that someone is paralleling these changes in 1.31.5x because it's easier to it do now than reinventing the wheel later.
Yes, a 1.25.1 stable release with updated links is necessary, and ....

1.31.5x is a great jumping-off point for 2.0, which this topic is all about. Parahead has done an incredible job of bringing the dev project to the point it was before "certain" versions were suddenly withdrawn, and about all that needs to be done to ensure its spot in history as the "next" release are some addon file path fixes and cosmetic issues.

Of course, it's necessary to keep 1.25.x alive AND stable, but the focus should be on updating and refining 1.31.5+ as the NEXT release. Just my thoughts.
Musicvid

Postby Jackanape » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:14 pm

Yes, that whole bit needs updating and changing to reflect the new license, as well...it's no longer required to have a link.

Sadly, I'm stuck in Jury duty all week long, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to this...next week at the earliest, I'd suspect...

If someone here thinks they can handle the necessary changes on the CVS at SourceForge, and can do it quicker than I, I'd recommend jumping in and doing so...

I'll be back tonight to update anyone's status there, if needed...
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Broomsy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:12 am

Hows it all going guys? I have been away for a while. Keep me posted.
Broomsy

Postby Lumberjack » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:15 am

Broomsy, as I understand it you've made most of the required changes from 1.24 to 1.25, can you please reflect these in the CVS for DEV version? This needs to be done. Otherwise, main things for a release of DEV as it stands:
-check all compatibility issues with addons, rewrite those which need to be changed.
-create a script to move the data files to the new directory.
(well there are a few more things but I can't think now)
Lumberjack

Postby Jackanape » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:28 pm

I just completed Jury duty, so things have cooled down a bit for me. I hope to brush up on the CSV for SourceForge during the week, and have the 1.25.1 done by the weekend...I hope.

Jack, have we worked out how to get 1.3.1 up on the SF yet?
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Lumberjack » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:33 pm

Yes its up.. please see my topics regarding how to access CVS :D I've done nothing with 1.25 on sourceforge, official releases are your domain.
Lumberjack

Postby Jackanape » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:18 pm

OK, the files are on the server, with the text changed for the links, as well as removing the unofficial site reference--I basically changed it to "official site" so there will be two references...

We should be good togo, but let's test it first.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Next

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older