Filname bug problem

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Filname bug problem

Postby Swordfish » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:57 pm

This thread here...
http://www.coranto.org/forum/viewtopic. ... e+filename
...explains the problem really well for those of you that want to read it. But in short there is a problem with the 1.24 version that makes it impossible to rename files created by a profile that is set up with a template.

In a profile there are two places that filnames are to be entered. The first is the one located at the top of the profile edit page, and the second one is located in the Advanced Profiles Setting, its called HTML File Title. And here's the problem. 'Cos whenever I try to set a template for a profile, and i want to call the file index.shtml for instance, it changes the name automaticly to the internal name of the profile. "profilename".shtml

Question is, can this bug be fixed before the 1.25 relase or shold I just repost this thread to the 2.0 Dev forum?

(Would have made things easier making the Coranto website as well, yall' know :) )
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Re: Filname bug problem

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:58 pm

Swordfish wrote:This thread here...
http://www.coranto.org/forum/viewtopic. ... e+filename
...explains the problem really well for those of you that want to read it. But in short there is a problem with the 1.24 version that makes it impossible to rename files created by a profile that is set up with a template.

In a profile there are two places that filnames are to be entered. The first is the one located at the top of the profile edit page, and the second one is located in the Advanced Profiles Setting, its called HTML File Title. And here's the problem. 'Cos whenever I try to set a template for a profile, and i want to call the file index.shtml for instance, it changes the name automaticly to the internal name of the profile. "profilename".shtml

Question is, can this bug be fixed before the 1.25 relase or shold I just repost this thread to the 2.0 Dev forum?

(Would have made things easier making the Coranto website as well, yall' know :) )

This is the way it is designed to work, not a bug. This has already been changed in the 1.31.x series. You can also use Post-Build File Renamer/Mover addon. It adds the ability to specify both parts of the filename and a different directory for the file on a per profile basis. I wrote it to get around the limitation of 1.24 when building RSS feeds.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Swordfish » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:12 am

Ah..well. Okay....sorry. I'll download your addon then perhaps... :)
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older