Request: UBB6/Newspro Integration

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby ultimatesystem » Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:06 pm

Probably not.
ultimatesystem

Postby BillyGer » Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:23 am

BillyGer wrote:I downloaded the UBB addon and when i use it i keep getting an error that the username is not regestered. Do you know how i can fix this or get around it?

as i said i get that error when i try
BillyGer

Postby BillGates » Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:32 am

would anybody be interested in a coranto version of the UBB addon. i've gone over some code with UBB 6.211, and it looks very much possible.
A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those?
BillGates

Postby BillyGer » Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:39 am

i don't know if i can
BillyGer

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:25 am

BillGates wrote:would anybody be interested in a coranto version of the UBB addon. i've gone over some code with UBB 6.211, and it looks very much possible.

Bill: Just to check, you're aware of the legal problems with the NewsPro version, yes? Don't want you getting caught in the same situation...
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby BillGates » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:15 am

msbzdragn wrote:Bill: Just to check, you're aware of the legal problems with the NewsPro version, yes? Don't want you getting caught in the same situation...
umm, the addon would actually edit the database, rather then load any ubb code. this way all i'd have to edit is the database for the chosen forum, and the users database to update the user's postcount. this method would by-pass all kinds of restrictions on ubb tho, like even if you were banned from posting in the forum, you'd still be able to post. i've already managed to do such a thing just by appending a new line to the forum database, then i cleared cache and voila, the post was made. in that same line i can choose whether a user is registered, if he wants the signature to show, and several more options.
A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those?
BillGates

Postby ultimatesystem » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:09 pm

I think this a great idea Bill!
ultimatesystem

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:45 pm

Yep, that's how Elvii's phpBB addon worked. Just wanted to be sure you were doing it that way, and knew the history...
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Previous

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older