Need Help Setting Up Coranto (Installed already)

Do you have Coranto installed on your site, and need to hire someone to help configure things for you? <br />
Do you want Coranto on your site, but don't want to to the configuration work yourself? <br />You can ask here...there are, of course, no guarantees someone will want to take your job on, and no guarantees implied by Coranto.org.

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Need Help Setting Up Coranto (Installed already)

Postby Skyllus vBi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:08 pm

I spent 2 hours installing Coranto last night for my website www.team-vbi.net at this testing address: www.team-vbi.net/testingsite133/

I keep looking at what I've got now and comparing it to sites which I know use Coranto and am just shaking my head as to how to get it from here to there. I'm generally extremely good at following instructions and getting the hang of things quickly, but I've never really worked with PERL before and am not entirely sure which between (Styles, Templates, and Profiles) controls each aspect I'd like to have in the finished product.

If I could get some quotes it would be appreciated. Willing to pay a small amount just for someone to help make Coranto look good on our front page and have a few specific features. Nothing full blown or anything, just so that I can get quality similar to what I've got by manually entering news every time but 100 times easier hopefully :)

Thanks. My contact information is listed in my profile, contacting me over AIM would be prefered.
Skyllus vBi

Postby Skyllus vBi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Forgot to add, we've got people who can do any and all graphical work.
Skyllus vBi

Postby Lumberjack » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:55 pm

If you're willing to try setting things up yourself, make a topic in coranto support. Basically the idea is to edit the news style so it matches what you have been manually entering, putting things like <Field: Text> and <Field: Subject> in place of your content.
Lumberjack

Postby Skyllus vBi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:09 pm

I mentioned quotes in the first post. Willing to pay a small sum for someone else to do it.
Skyllus vBi

Postby Shiwej » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:50 am

In the past I've integrated coranto with various addons and php to get the look I was going for. What exactly is it that you want to be able to run off of Coranto? I generally charge $20 an hour.
Shiwej

Postby Skyllus vBi » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:59 am

A bit uncomfortable with an hourly rate for a project like this.

We can and will template everything, but I'd like for one full news item (most recent), followed by 4 abridged news items which can be clicked for a full article. Beneath that just 5 headlines of the 6-10th most recent news. A commenting system would be nice but not required. I've not really testing things but we can make another box on the right column for the headlines, similar to how our forums recent topics box is set up.

The guy who did the template for the entire site is a staff member for us and can template this all out, I just need someone to do the PERL code to make sure everything goes in the right place and the correct information is displayed.

We'd likely be willing to pay anywhere from $50-100. There is no real urgency to this, so I feel this is reasonable. From my understanding of what goes into making this work, it isn't that big of a job is it?
Skyllus vBi

Postby Shiwej » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:08 am

You just have to be able to create news categories and news styles. The styles would let you customize how you display the news, and which items it displays. It's not hard to connect it all together, and doesn't require any perl code. Though some news templates can get complicated with addon codes and if statements.
Shiwej

Postby Skyllus vBi » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:37 am

I figured as much, unfortunately, I'm completely in the dark as to how to piece everything together, what HTML goes where, etc. etc.
Skyllus vBi

Postby Lumberjack » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:44 pm

I think you will need 4 profiles. One standard profile that just includes the latest post. A second standard profile that includes posts 2-5 and snips the text at a certain number of letters/words, and links to a Maginot static file (later). A third profile that includes posts 6-10 and is just a headline (you can use headlines on the first mentioned profile to make this one.
The Maginot static profile will make a page for each item posted, and these can be linked to from the 2nd and 3rd profiles mentioned above.
So it is a little more complicated than I originally suggested. Maginot is an addon to Coranto.
Lumberjack

Postby SrNupsen » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:32 am

So... got it done? :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Return to Coranto Want Ads