newsdat.txt error

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

newsdat.txt error

Postby Rocky » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:40 pm

I can see newsdat.txt via ftp, and it is chmod'd correctly, but today out of the blue I get this message. Probably linked somehow to a hacker getting onto my server recently.

MESSAGE: Could not open file /<removed>/var/www/html/news/newsdat.txt for input (reading). This appears to be because it does not exist. Check your directory settings in Change Settings and make sure the paths are correct, and check that all Coranto files exist on your server.

Also, none of my addons are being recognised, even though they are still there in plain view via ftp, anyone know how I can resolve this?
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Jackanape » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:12 pm

Where do you get this message? On your .shtml page where you've placed your SSI, or when trying to access the file directly?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Rocky » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi

I get that message at the foot of the MODIFY NEWS page.

I really do not see why all of a sudden coranto cannot see my add ons, and it cannot see the news folder either to locate the news txt files...

Thanks.
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Rocky » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:57 pm

I decided it would be easier to download the latest version of coranto and do a fresh install in a new folder, and then upload my existing news folder. Looks like that worked a treat.
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Dale Ray » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:16 am

Did you see this information at PHP Arena?
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Rocky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 am

Dale Ray wrote:Did you see this information at PHP Arena?

Not in time, no. Thanks for the link.
Rocky
Rocky

Return to Troubleshooting