Coranto upload problem

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Coranto upload problem

Postby martyndavies » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:22 pm

I've scoured the board for the answer to this one and found someone who was having trouble with paths, which I've checked and it definitely isn't it. So maybe this one hasn't been asked before:

We've been using Multipart to upload images for a while now and wanted to be able to upload PDFs. So I created a profile and set the allowed extensions to pdf PDF and set the size limit to 2.5MB.

The description in the profile says this:

Files smaller than 2560000 bytes with the extensions pdf, PDF are uploaded to e:/domains/s/standrewscongresbury.org/user/htdocs/alpha. Profile type: Multipart.

I successfully uploaded a small pdf but when I tried to upload a 500K pdf I got a CGI error:

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Any ideas what is going wrong?
Everytime I learn something new, a little bit of other stuff falls out.
martyndavies

Postby GabeT » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:05 am

Try leaving the "Maximum Bytes" field in your multipart profile blank. It's worth a shot!
GabeT

Postby martyndavies » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:10 am

Thanks for the advice. I successfully uploaded a 500K file following your tip but it failed to load a 2Mb pdf
martyndavies

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Your server may be configured to limit uploads. If your server is Apache you may be able to override this in your .htaccess file.

From the Apache docs.

LimitRequestBody Directive
Description: Restricts the total size of the HTTP request body sent from the client
Syntax: LimitRequestBody bytes
Default: LimitRequestBody 0
Context: server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess
Override: All
Module: core

This directive specifies the number of bytes from 0 (meaning unlimited) to 2147483647 (2GB) that are allowed in a request body.

The LimitRequestBody directive allows the user to set a limit on the allowed size of an HTTP request message body within the context in which the directive is given (server, per-directory, per-file or per-location). If the client request exceeds that limit, the server will return an error response instead of servicing the request. The size of a normal request message body will vary greatly depending on the nature of the resource and the methods allowed on that resource. CGI scripts typically use the message body for retrieving form information. Implementations of the PUT method will require a value at least as large as any representation that the server wishes to accept for that resource.

This directive gives the server administrator greater control over abnormal client request behavior, which may be useful for avoiding some forms of denial-of-service attacks.

If, for example, you are permitting file upload to a particular location, and wish to limit the size of the uploaded file to 100K, you might use the following directive:

LimitRequestBody 102400

Of course you could just FTP large files to your server.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby martyndavies » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:45 pm

OK, thanks for that. The server is Windows. Can I still override it in the .htaccess file?

Sorry to be so dense, I have limited programming experience.
martyndavies

Postby Dale Ray » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:48 am

martyndavies wrote:OK, thanks for that. The server is Windows. Can I still override it in the .htaccess file?

Sorry to be so dense, I have limited programming experience.

If it is a Windows Server I have no experience with those and suggest asking your hosting company.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting