The Powerd by Coranto Link

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

The Powerd by Coranto Link

Postby UberTruder » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:47 pm

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but my search found nothing.

On my install, the Powerd by Coranto link is white, my background is white, so you cant see it. How do i fix this? Also, the link it self goes to http://www.amphibianweb.com/ is this correct? or is it supposed to be a link to here? I love this program and want to let people know what I use and how to get it, but for the life of me i cant fix it. any help would be greatly appreciated
UberTruder

Postby GabeT » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:19 pm

If you take a look in the sticky above, you will find how to do this. Check out the following thread. http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3543
GabeT

Postby Von Snellfharer » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:45 pm

amphibianweb.com was the original and official Coranto site but was taken by a vicious cybersquatter.

Please link to this site instead as it is the closest thing to an official site.

BTW: GabeT, it's a sad signature you have and yes, it's a sad thing there is so litle activity here.
Von Snellfharer

Postby GabeT » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:24 pm

It's sad because it's true. I'm glad people can still get help from guys like you. I hope I can learn enough to help people and myself more effectively .
GabeT

Postby Von Snellfharer » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Hm. It seems like there is noone here anymore, who of the developers and coders are still here?

I am waiting for an answer from kriko on what to do with my WebWriter hack (if i should post it or not), i have added TinyMCE as an alternative to Htmlarea.
Von Snellfharer

Postby Gilbert » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:14 pm

Von Snellfharer wrote:Hm. It seems like there is noone here anymore, who of the developers and coders are still here?

I am waiting for an answer from kriko on what to do with my WebWriter hack (if i should post it or not), i have added TinyMCE as an alternative to Htmlarea.

Worrying indeed even Parahead is unusually silent.
Gilbert

Postby GabeT » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:29 am

I would love to get my hands on the iSay hack... I hope this place can rise above the funk...
GabeT

Coranto

Postby wsite » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:22 am

GabeT wrote: but who is gonna save Coranto??.

What DO you mean by this?!

My site is using Coranto. It was set up by someone other than myself and I know nothing about how to tweak it. If I read between the lines, the statement makes me a tad nervous.
wsite

Postby Von Snellfharer » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:03 am

YOUR Coranto setup is fine, but future development of Coranto may not be.
Von Snellfharer

Re: Coranto

Postby GabeT » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:25 pm

wsite wrote:
GabeT wrote: but who is gonna save Coranto??.

What DO you mean by this?!

My site is using Coranto. It was set up by someone other than myself and I know nothing about how to tweak it. If I read between the lines, the statement makes me a tad nervous.

Everything you need to know about Coranto is on this forum. You just have to search for it. Those of us who are around here and check the forums daily will help anyone to the best of our ability. Like Von Snellfharer stated, your setup is fine. Those of us who at one point asked for help need to step up to the plate and help keep this place and interest in Coranto alive so it may have a future.
GabeT

Re: Coranto

Postby wsite » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:39 pm

Everything you need to know about Coranto is on this forum. You just have to search for it. Those of us who are around here and check the forums daily will help anyone to the best of our ability. Like Von Snellfharer stated, your setup is fine. Those of us who at one point asked for help need to step up to the plate and help keep this place and interest in Coranto alive so it may have a future.

I may misunderstand you, but the talk seems like it it *may* not have a future. If not, where does that leave someone like me who hired a developer to set up my site in a CMS (they built the structure; I added most of the content).

I know nothing about Coranto; I understand almost nothing in this forum. I know no CSS. I'm retired and do not have the mind-set to learn what it takes to understand these things.

Hypothetically, what if the developer gets totally out of web development and I need help or want to add a feature in the future? Will I have a someone or a place to turn?
wsite

Postby Parahead » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:23 pm

Gilbert wrote:Worrying indeed even Parahead is unusually silent.
My life situation has changed over the last year and I simply don't have the same amount of time (eg. none) or energy to spend on Coranto anymore. I can make no guarantees about my future involvement either. Of course all the addons I have made (from scratch or picked up where someone left off) will be available through CTUS and my own site.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Gilbert » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:14 pm

Parahead wrote:
Gilbert wrote:Worrying indeed even Parahead is unusually silent.
My life situation has changed over the last year and I simply don't have the same amount of time (eg. none) or energy to spend on Coranto anymore. I can make no guarantees about my future involvement either. Of course all the addons I have made (from scratch or picked up where someone left off) will be available through CTUS and my own site.

Bluntly frank. Fair enough in fact appreciated.

For what it is worth

Is not time hence to draw the necessary conclusions ?

As I am looking for alternatives, I have checked recently Coranto features with other CMS and it fairs still well. However it seems it cannot retain its developers and neither it has managed to being bundled with Server Manager Software like Plesk (included Mambo and Typo3)

It is long overdue for some people to recognise that the direction taken was wrong and to eat humble pies.

Whoever programmed for Coranto should be contacted to see if they are still interested to plunge again within a different structure and set-up for the sake of such a powerful programme and the installed base... and for God sake give it a rest on this now seriously utter claptrap of the licence, etc.
Gilbert

Postby Parahead » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:16 pm

Gilbert wrote:It is long overdue for some people to recognise that the direction taken was wrong and to eat humble pies.
Insinuating things and leave it open for personal interpretation isn't the most constructive way. Please elaborate what you feel is wrong and what direction you suggest.

Gilbert wrote:Whoever programmed for Coranto should be contacted to see if they are still interested to plunge again within a different structure and set-up for the sake of such a powerful programme and the installed base...
Actual development is only *one* part of evolving a program, other sections are documentation, public relations (eg. spreading the word on script/CMS-sites), forum admin and forum helper. Many people uses the excuse of not being able to code as a reason for not helping out.

Gilbert wrote:and for God sake give it a rest on this now seriously utter claptrap of the licence, etc.
Like I said before, the current "license" is not an obstacle for progress. Lack of developers and other "staff members" is... ;-)
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Musicvid » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:01 am

Just one sentence fragment says it all as far as Gilbert's view on this is concerned:
However it seems it cannot retain its developers
Just who has ever retained a developer for Coranto? None that I am aware of.
Just who has paid a retainer for a developer of Coranto? None that I am aware of.
Are you, Gilbert, willing and prepared to pay developers of Coranto to retain their services for your own purposes?

Either way, kindly put up or shut up, or else develop the script to your satisfaction on your own. This is clearly a case of a wannabe demanding all of the authority and none of the responsibility for a project in which he has absolutely no investment.

Parahead has given countless hours and years of his life to the betterment of this project without any expectation or suggestion of monetary consideration whatsoever. How dare you disrespect him in this manner!

Oh, and just where can we find your contribution, whether to the code or to the betterment and health of the project, Gilbert?

JMHO
Musicvid

Next

Return to Troubleshooting