Posting with guestpost leads to empty Sliced Index file....

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Posting with guestpost leads to empty Sliced Index file....

Postby akarlska » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:53 pm

This is a really wierd problem. I have a guestpost form on my webpage for a guestbook. And whenever someone posts something into my guestbook, the content of the Sliced Index profile i'm using for a picture gallery disaperes. To make the content reapear i have to Build News.

I'm using a template for the sliced index, and the content of my template shows, but what shoud be created by the sliced index is simply gone.

Any ideas?

Addons i'm using are:
Backup, ChangeDateNew, Click Count, CustomFields, Daily Pic, GuestPost, Maginot, Maginot Columns, Modify News: User Column, MultiPage, Multipart, News Categories, News Preview Modified, SubmitMultiple, Title Fields, X MultiSubmit

If any other detailes are needed, just shout. I'm at a loss as to figure out what to say about my setup...
We're just, two lost swimming in a fishbole...year after year.

Running Coranto 1.24, and every addon you can think of.
akarlska

I've tried just about everything.....

Postby akarlska » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:34 pm

Please...help me on this!

Last post was not a good explanation. I'll try again.

I have a picture gallery with five different categories of pics. This gallery is created by three maginot profiles. Maginot Static to create the pages, Maginot Sliced to create individual indexlistings for the different categories, and last a Maginot Sliced Index to create an index of all the categories. This all worked fine until I installed Guestpost.

The problem now is, that whenever someone posts a message to my Guestbook through Guestpost, the content of the .php file created by the Maginot Sliced Index disapeares, that is to say - not entirely. The Sliced Index file is created using a tmpl file, and the content from the tmpl file is still there, but the content that is supose to come from the Style selected for the profile is gone...missing...dissapeared. Instead of beeing 3K...it's reduced into 83 Bytes...

...until I press "build News". Another post to my guestbook through Guestpost does not rebuild the file the way I want it to be, only by pressing "Build N..." is the file restored to it's original form.

I have tried to Disable all the addons that i dont use, or that isn't important. Addons currently active are: Guestpost, Maginot, Maginot Columns, MultiPart, News Categories, X Multisubmit.

I've also tried to reinstall Guestpost...i havent tried reinstalling Maginot (gonna have a try at that, if noe repost in 30 min it didn't work). Ive tried to create new profiles for both guestbook and gallery sliced index file. A feeble attempt which resulted in spent time...

So. Any suggestions?

akarlska

Postby akarlska » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:53 am

And my biggest problem so far with this problem is: THAT NOBODY WANTS TO HELP!

Somebody have to have some idea about this, or? Please...

akarlska

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:09 pm

You could perhaps try setting the relevant profile to build news automatically upon submission? So that every time somebody posts to your guest book, news is built.

I've encountered this many times... Sometimes, Coranto won't build all profiles by itself, and you have to do a build / full build to get things straight.

Another option is to use the Autobuild script, which can be set up as a cron job to build news every say 5 minutes or 10 or so. Search the forums for Autobuild.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Return to Troubleshooting