FireFox 2.0 problem

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

FireFox 2.0 problem

Postby LoganStuff » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:15 am

Hi, I've been using version 1.24 and than 1.35 and everything was working fine and dandy until I just went to the site in FireFox and realized that the top news post is pushed all the way out of the cell in the table and over things on the right bar.

My site is XHTML and aligned with CSS, but the site appears fine in Safari and Internet Explorer. When the problem first occured I downgraded back to 1.24 after trying a full Rebuild, but no affect. Nor did reverting back to 1.24, I checked my coding in the CSS and SHTML code, but I hadn't touched it, it was still unaltered. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Logan

Edit: Safari registers the same error as Firefox,, IE7 appears to be the only one it's currently working in.
Image
LoganStuff
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:11 am
Location: New York

Postby Dale Ray » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:33 am

LoganStuff,

Welcome to the Coranto forums.

In FF 2.0 on WinXP pro I do not see any problems with your site. Since you mention Safari I am guessing that you viewed the site with Firefox on a Mac?

In Opera on WinXP I do see formatting problems with your site when you reduce the window size. In FF and IE when the window size reduces you get a scrollbar at the bottom of the window, in Opera you don't and the content gets scrunched together.

I don't think that your layout problems are Coranto related. It seems to be a matter of differences in the way the different browsers are rendering your CSS.
Dale Ray
User avatar
Dale Ray
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:02 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Postby Chuck » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:46 am

I noticed the same thing, but when I change the html coding so it will work with Foxfire, then it's messed up on IE. But with Foxfire being a very, very small number of viewer's on any of my sites, I chosen to edit for IE and not worry about Foxfire. I've had this problem with other tables, scripts etc with Foxfire also. I believe it's a Foxfire issue to be honest.

Chuck
Chuck
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:42 pm


Return to Troubleshooting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron