have to rebuild sometimes

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

have to rebuild sometimes

Postby Rag » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:33 am

I have some vierd problems, using coranto 1.24, multisubmit and som standard addons.

All of a sudden all posted news can be reordered, posts mixed together and output totaly freaked out, and im forced to log in, and rebuild html for it all to look normal again.

Is this any known problem, is there any solutions or has this never ben heard of before ?
Rag

Postby Swordfish » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:41 am

What addons do you have installed? "Some standard Addons" is not enough. Some addons has known issues that could cause problems.

I haven't experienced a problem of your kind, but tell us some more about your setup to start with...for instance; are there specific profiles that are disturbed, specific times (ex. when a non-registered user uses Guestpost)...and so on...

Edit: PS. You could try searching the Forum, which contain all posts from the old unofficial website.
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Postby Rag » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:26 am

sorry for not posting what addons i use, and thanks for link to the Forum Archives.

Here are my addons:

Click Count
CSS Editor
CustomFields
Modify Date Format
Modify News: User Column
News Categorys
WebWriter
X MultiSubmit

thing with this error is it can go a week or even month before it occures
Rag

Postby SrNupsen » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:00 pm

I need alittle bit more information. Are you saying that you do a full rebuild, then things looks OK, and then suddenly (without you rebuilding) they look messed up?

1. Could you provide a link to the site and explain a little more about how things should be ordered (are the news order inside one profile messed up, is it included files that arrive in the wrong order, etc.)

2. Just want to doublecheck - you aren't by any chance using Coranto SQL? It could cause trouble with XMultisubmit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Rag » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:35 am

Nope, no sql on this one

Its like this, Page can look fine fore month, then suddenly, without any news ben posted or any rebuilding has ben done it scrambles things up. It can take text from one post and put it in another category in a post where other text are supose to be, im realy not shure whats hapend and i dont know how to recreate the problem. However if i use any of the rebuild functions it all looks fine again.

Last time it happend i think the hosting server had one reboot same 24h as i noticed this error.... can it have anything to do with that ?

here is the page: http://www.linlandet.com/
Rag

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:13 am

I would like to have a look at this. With your permission, ofcourse. Could you create an admin account for me and send me a PM with the login information? I suspect something weird is going on, like profiles using the same name or something.
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
SrNupsen

Postby Lumberjack » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:10 pm

SrNupsen wrote:2. Just want to doublecheck - you aren't by any chance using Coranto SQL? It could cause trouble with XMultisubmit

CSQL and XMS work fine together for me. Results may vary...

As for this problem, well it seems to be not to do with coranto? If coranto isn't touched for a month, and then you see a problem with your includes of the news.txt files... well it must be something else. Check the text files you include to see if they are also jumbled up.
Lumberjack

Return to Troubleshooting