Customising Coranto Buttons on Main Page

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Customising Coranto Buttons on Main Page

Postby Hingo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:18 am

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, so first of all, HI! I am Dave.

I am in charge of building and maintaining a couple of business websites and I am using Coranto as a CMS so the owners of the websites are able to edit almost all of content on their sites. My problem is a small one, I was wondering if it was possible to edit the names of the buttons on the main page of Coranto. For example, I would like to change 'Modify News' to 'Modify Content' and remove the 'Submit News' page totally because I have individual submit pages for each page on the site. I don't know if that is possible. I searched these forums but couldn't really find the answer.

Thanks in advance!
Hingo

Re: Customising Coranto Buttons on Main Page

Postby Parahead » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:00 pm

Hingo wrote:My problem is a small one, I was wondering if it was possible to edit the names of the buttons on the main page of Coranto. For example, I would like to change 'Modify News' to 'Modify Content'

There is a file called crlang.pl in the Coranto directory, you can either change things in that file directly (do a search for 'Modify News' in it) or make a copy of it and name it something like "crlang_dummie.pl". If you run into problems, do a search for crlang.pl at the forum or check out this thread.

Hingo wrote:... and remove the 'Submit News' page totally because I have individual submit pages for each page on the site. I don't know if that is possible.
Removing the 'Submit News' button all together is not possible without changing Perl code inside Coranto. But why not use the X Multisubmit addons option to place all the special submitpages on the page you are taken to when clicking on 'Submit News' instead?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting