HELP - NEWSDAT.TXT error

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

HELP - NEWSDAT.TXT error

Postby LawmanGrant » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:41 pm

First of all, here is the error message

USEFUL INFORMATION

Perl may have generated the following error: No such file or directory
Perl Version: 5.008007
Script Version: 1.24
Script Build: 39
Script RC: 0
Script URL: http://leact.org/admin/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
@INC:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i686-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
Script Location (Method 1): coranto.cgi
Script Location (Method 2): /home/leact/public_html/admin/cgi-bin/coranto

ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
SERVER_NAME: www.leact.org
HTTP_REFERER: http://leact.org/admin/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
SERVER_ADMIN: webmaster@leact.org
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
HTTP_CONNECTION: Keep-Alive
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
HTTP_ACCEPT: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/leact/public_html/admin/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
QUERY_STRING: session=ccjjwaudjtGKlbrGVO&x=213&action=modify
REMOTE_PORT: 1275
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
SERVER_PORT: 80
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us
REMOTE_ADDR: 65.80.177.105
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
PATH: /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
REQUEST_URI: /admin/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi?session=ccjjwaudjtGKlbrGVO&x=213&action=modify
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
SERVER_ADDR: 63.247.87.178
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/leact/public_html
HTTP_HOST: leact.org

MESSAGE: Unable to open /home2/leact/public_html/admin/news/newsdat.txt. No such file or directory at crcore.pl line 281.

I tried troubleshooting, but nothing....the newsdat.txt it is tryign to reference is there, so I am not sure whats up...PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!
-Chris
LawmanGrant

Re: HELP - NEWSDAT.TXT error

Postby Parahead » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:20 pm

There really is no need to use words like HELP in capital letters in the subject, since just about every post in the forum is about getting help. OK? I also took the liberty to move this topic to the troubleshooting section (instead of "bug report"), since it is just that...

LawmanGrant wrote:MESSAGE: Unable to open /home2/leact/public_html/admin/news/newsdat.txt. No such file or directory at crcore.pl line 281.

I tried troubleshooting, but nothing....the newsdat.txt it is tryign to reference is there, so I am not sure whats up...
If the script is stating that the file is not to be found at that location, it is so. Based on the path to coranto.cgi in the error message I would try using /home/ instead of /home2/
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby LawmanGrant » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:48 am

Sorry, I don't think of caps in any particular way. I tend just to write. At work, we use all caps, so to me it ain't a big deal, sorry if I offended you.

I tried your suggestion, and now getting an error 500, I contacted my webserver provider, hopefully they can shed some light.

Thanks!
-Chris
LawmanGrant

Postby Parahead » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:39 am

LawmanGrant wrote:Sorry, I don't think of caps in any particular way. I tend just to write. At work, we use all caps, so to me it ain't a big deal, sorry if I offended you.
You did not offend me, and it wasn't just the capital spelling. I was just trying to give a hint of how to write a topic to make life easier on all readers/helpers of this community. Like I said, to me it obvious that you need help since you post here, having a title with that word (or "please" and "urgent") just is not relevent to solving the problem at hand. To give you an example, the post just below your one (this) with exactly the same problem had a much more describing title, don't you think? Check out the read me-link in my signature for more indept reading on this topic. Honestly, it wasn't my intention to rant, so don't take the above the wrong way.
:cheers:

LawmanGrant wrote:I tried your suggestion, and now getting an error 500, I contacted my webserver provider, hopefully they can shed some light.
Do you have access to the webservers errorlog? If so, what does it say? The topic of 500-errors has been covered in plenty posts before, so check out this thread or search for "server AND error AND 500" in these forums to get a bunch of hits...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting