A CGI problem but it affects my Coranto installation

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

A CGI problem but it affects my Coranto installation

Postby AndyP » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:21 pm

I own an EV1 server and the account on my server that has Coranto installed has suffered a weird problem. Basically, the cgi-bin has stopped working and won't execute cgi scripts giving an "internal server error" message every time. This is for all the scripts and not just Coranto making it extremely unlikely to be a Coranto problem.

This issue is isolated to just one account on the server with all my other accounts having no problems.

Furthermore, the cgi scripts can be executed from the command line with no problems so it appears to be some kind of permissions issue... possibly.

Neither the company managing my server or EV1 themselves have discovered the problem yet.

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be ?

As for Coranto, I've installed the coranto folder into the cgi bin of an account whose cgi-bin is working and have changed the file path so that it is able to write the news files back into the html directory of the other account. Unfortuantely it isn't perfect though becaue I'm getting all kinds of permission errors overwriting the files. It's ok if I delete the files and let them be created but overwriting is a problem.

Basically until we find the cause of the cgi-bin problem it's a mess.
AndyP

Re: A CGI problem but it affects my Coranto installation

Postby Parahead » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:58 pm

AndyP wrote:Basically, the cgi-bin has stopped working and won't execute cgi scripts giving an "internal server error" message every time.
This message only says that "something" has gone wrong, not what. You need to get hold of the webservers errorlog to get a more detailed information. Search the forum or look at my site for more information on this topic...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby AndyP » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:09 pm

Sorry, I was vague. The company managing my server had no idea what the problem was so I figured I would ask and see if anyone else had experienced something similar. In other words, their cgi-bin just stopped executing scripts. Nonetheless it's been fixed now so this thread can be locked :)
AndyP

Return to Troubleshooting