archiving error/deleted posts? - help

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

archiving error/deleted posts? - help

Postby cmuniz48 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:48 am

I've been using coranto 1.23 for 2 years running a student archiving site.

Archiving of the site has been set to monthly since the beginning in may 2003.

At some point the archiving somehow got messed up and on the day of archiving it only showed the last 3 months of archives. I had been manually copying and pasting the remaining links to previous months in the appropriate txt include.

This month, however, it was the opposite - the last 3 months of archived links were not generated and furthermore, they are nowhere to be found on the site so I can't manually fix the archive links.

Somehow I messed up. Is there a way to retrieve the last three months worth of postings from coranto? they dont even show in the Modify News section of the admin.

Thanks for the help.
cmuniz48

Re: archiving error/deleted posts? - help

Postby cmuniz48 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:24 pm

[quote="cmuniz48"]Is there a way to retrieve the last three months worth of postings from coranto? they dont even show in the Modify News section of the admin.[quote]

Is this possible at all? anyone knows how I can do this?
cmuniz48

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:05 pm

If you have the backup addon enabled you may want to see if newsbak1.txt and newsbak2.txt exist. If the problem happened recently they may have your news.

If they exist backup your newsdat.txt and rename newsbak1.txt to newsdat.txt and see if your old news is there. newsbak2.txt is an even older backup if newsbak.2.txt doesn't have the items you are looking for.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby cmuniz48 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:41 pm

unfortunately i didnt have the backup addon installed :(

is there any other file where coranto keeps posts stored, specially posts that havent been archived?

there was no archiving for the past three months and suddenly all posts were deleted.
cmuniz48

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:34 pm

I don't know of anyway for you to recover the lost posts if there is no backup of newsdat.txt available. The backup addon is part of the Coranto distribution and should have been there unless it was deleted. I believe that it is enabled by default (not sure of this).

You should upgrade to V 1.24. Among other things it fixed many of the problems with the newsdat.txt file being corrupted.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting