ChangeDateNew and modifying existing dates

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

ChangeDateNew and modifying existing dates

Postby MrQwest » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:39 am

Firstly, I'd like to change the date for around 40 or so news items. I've installed ChangeDateNew as i was under the impression this wuold do it, but apparantly, it only changes the date for new news posted, but not existing items.

I've had a look, but cant find any addon's to do this, but im sure i've done in previously! Can anyone help me with this one?

Secondly, After reading the little 'promo' for ChangeDateNew, i'd like to use the feature for having news items 'expire' and dissapear from the front page. I run a website for a nightclub promotions group. They have bi-monthly events, and i ALWAYS forget to remove flyers & promo material from the website, so it'd definatly come in handy if this promo material is removed automatically!

Any help on how to do it with ChangeDateNew as i cant seem to find it?
MrQwest

Postby Dale Ray » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:32 pm

Make sure you are using the latest version of ChangeDateNew from Parahead's Coranto Corner.

Check your settings at:

Main => Administration => Coranto Settings

Scroll down the page to the ChangeDateNew Settings

To automatically remove items you will have to use AutoBuild addon so that your Coranto install builds news at specified times unattended. Your webserver must allow you to run cron jobs to use AutoBuild.

ChangeDateNew should present fields on both new items and old items you are modifying.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting