HELP!!! Permission denied by crcore.pl line 281

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

HELP!!! Permission denied by crcore.pl line 281

Postby Mike_W » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:08 am

Tried posting today...it's never done this before and we've made no alterations to it. Any idea how to fix this? The file "ndtmp1.txt" doesn't even exist in that folder...I even tried re-uploading the "crcore.pl" file over the one we had to make sure nothing was changed in it, and still no luck. Any help?

An error has occurred. The exact description of the error is:
Unable to open /home/nyprodc/public_html/cgi-bin/news/ndtmp1.txt. Permission denied at /home/nyprodc/public_html/cgi-bin/news/crcore.pl line 281.
Mike_W

Re: HELP!!! Permission denied by crcore.pl line 281

Postby Parahead » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:34 pm

Mike_W wrote:Tried posting today...it's never done this before and we've made no alterations to it. Any idea how to fix this? The file "ndtmp1.txt" doesn't even exist in that folder...I even tried re-uploading the "crcore.pl" file over the one we had to make sure nothing was changed in it, and still no luck.
I would suggest making a backup of newsdat.txt, newsbak.txt and maybe ndtmp1.txt/ndtmp2.txt if they exists, to prevent any data loss when you "experiment" to get it working again. After the backups (saved elsewhere), you can remove the files above but leave newsdat.txt, does this help?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting