Field:Title not working

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Field:Title not working

Postby longdistanceus » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:24 pm

When adding the title of the headline into news.tmpl (or whatever you choose to name your tmpl file), the title ends up displaying as showing nothing. So instead of the headline text going into the HEAD title, there is nothing shown there when live.

Code: Select all
<html>
<head>
<title> <Field: Title> - SITE NAME</title>
longdistanceus

Postby Parahead » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:18 pm

Under the section "Advanced Profile Settings" in the profile settings page, there is an input field named "HTML File Title", have you defined a value there?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby longdistanceus » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:38 pm

No, that field is blank. I know the TITLE worked previously when I had other installations of coranto on other servers a few years ago. Not sure why it isn't working this time.

If you would like to take a look at the news page, it is at http://www.longdistanceus.com/news/
longdistanceus

Postby bozoka45 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:42 am

longdistanceus wrote:No, that field is blank. I know the TITLE worked previously when I had other installations of coranto on other servers a few years ago. Not sure why it isn't working this time.

Well, if that field is blank, then it's working correctly. If you haven't specified a Title in the HTML File Title, then <Field: Title> will be null. Try entering a title in that field and doing a full rebuild. Check out the addon TitleFields if you want to use a field in your title.
bozoka45

Postby longdistanceus » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:47 am

I just tried typing something into the HTML File Title in Edit General Settings in the Profile under "Advanced Profile Settings." Although, after doing a full rebuild (yes, under Administration -> Full Rebuild), I do not see the title I typed in when going to the headline pages at longdistanceus.com/news

I also installed the addon you mentioned and then tried typing in <Field: Title> into the HTML File Title field in Edit General Settings and the headline pages still display the title as blank. I typed in "test whatever" as a test in the HTML File Title field and it worked great.

Am I doing something wrong here? How can I insert <Field: Title> into the <title> </title> tags in the headline pages?

Thank you.
longdistanceus

Postby longdistanceus » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:36 am

I just put <Field: Subject> into the "HTML File Title" field in the Profile and it now works great. I was using the wrong tag by using <Field: Title> instead of <Field: Subject>.

Thank you for your time Parahead and Bozoka45.
longdistanceus

Return to Troubleshooting