500 internal server error, suddenly...

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

500 internal server error, suddenly...

Postby ^Della64^ » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Hi there,

since this afternoon i was posting news on my site really easily as usual but suddenly this evening, i got this problem:

http://www.gamecubenext.com/cgi-bin/coranto.pl

500 internal server error. I got it from the link above (where i insert, modify, delete, etc, my news) and from the searchnews engine:

http://www.gamecubenext.com/cgi-bin/searchnews.pl

what it could be? I didn't do anything it happen suddenly.
thanks in advance boys :)
Last edited by ^Della64^ on Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster, Coordinator, Director and PR manager of GAMECUBE NEXT, the first italian on-line magazine dedicated to Nintendo GameCube
^Della64^

Postby SrNupsen » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:55 am

What does your error log say? Did you check out Parahead's guide to internal server errors, available from his site www.parahead.com?

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby ^Della64^ » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:25 am

SrNupsen wrote:What does your error log say? Did you check out Parahead's guide to internal server errors, available from his site www.parahead.com?

SrNupsen

hi there and thanks for your interest.
well, i can't log cause the coranto.pl page give me the internal server error, i'm looking at the server error guide but it doesn't helped me, unfortunately. I tried to execute the script linked in the guide that should clear what's wrong but it also give me the internal server error.
I also cheked the chmods in the cgi-bin directory and it's 777 so it should be ok. I don't know whats the problem because it was everything working right and then yesterday evening a newser phoned me and told that Coranto was down...nobody changed something....i really dunno what could be happened.
Well would it be usefull to you if i post the code of my coranto.pl and searchnews.pl file?

thanks in advance.
Webmaster, Coordinator, Director and PR manager of GAMECUBE NEXT, the first italian on-line magazine dedicated to Nintendo GameCube
^Della64^

Postby Parahead » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:44 pm

^Della64^ wrote:I also cheked the chmods in the cgi-bin directory and it's 777 so it should be ok. I don't know whats the problem because it was everything working right and then yesterday evening a newser phoned me and told that Coranto was down...nobody changed something....i really dunno what could be happened.
Actually 777 for the cgi-bin directory might *not* be a good value, ask your host what the correct value should be. Also, ask your host where you can find your webservers errorlog, since this will give you more information about what is causing the problem. At the same time, ask them if they did anything at that point in time that might have caused this. I have had problems in the past with hosts that do stuff unanounced.

^Della64^ wrote:Well would it be usefull to you if i post the code of my coranto.pl and searchnews.pl file?
Nope. Since searchnews.pl, coranto.pl and viewnews.pl all stopped working at the same time it is not something wrong with the scripts, it is some external factor.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting