EDIT Date is only displayed in newest post (was v. 1.24)

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

EDIT Date is only displayed in newest post (was v. 1.24)

Postby chrisharris05 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:59 am

look down below.......my date isnt showing up on any other posts but the most recent one. u can view my site at http://www.simplychris.com

» test -- Posted by Chris on January 28, 2006 at 3:22 PM - Current Mood: angry

» Good Morning! -- Posted by Chris onWHERE IS THE DATE? at 10:06 AM - Current Mood: awake
Last edited by chrisharris05 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisharris05

Re: v. 1.24

Postby Parahead » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:21 pm

And I have a mathematical problem being wrong, could you help me? See for your self, it is 5 (five). What am I doing wrong?

That is a friendly example showing you about how much info you provide and think we will be able to sort it out for you... How do you think anyone will be able to help you based on the limited info you provide, you didn't learn that much from the previous thread about how to help us help you, did you? We need more "background info", profile type and style layout being kind of obvious to have a clue... Is it the same style/profile for the topic post as the rest? Also, please read this!
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby chrisharris05 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:45 pm

i havent really tried anything because i wouldnt know where to start on this one....any suggestions would be a great help.
chrisharris05

Postby Parahead » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:01 pm

chrisharris05 wrote:i havent really tried anything because i wouldnt know where to start on this one....any suggestions would be a great help.
Well, the problem consists of 4 different numbers, does that help?
Parahead

Postby chrisharris05 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:13 pm

no sir.
chrisharris05

Postby SrNupsen » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:55 pm

Oh come on Parahead - stop being such a wimp :D

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Re: v. 1.24

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:36 pm

chrisharris05 wrote:look down below.......my date isnt showing up on any other posts but the most recent one. u can view my site at http://www.simplychris.com

» test -- Posted by Chris on January 28, 2006 at 3:22 PM - Current Mood: angry

» Good Morning! -- Posted by Chris onWHERE IS THE DATE? at 10:06 AM - Current Mood: awake

Posting the end result isn't very meaningful if you don't post the behind the scenes stuff. What version of Coranto are you using? What addons? Post your style code and your template code (if applicable). There may be other information required, but your question is so vague that it is actually meaningless. Also - don't forget to post what steps YOU have taken to correct the problem. If you haven't tried to fix it yourself explain why you don't have a clue.

Try just browsing the forums and reading different threads. Note which ones get more productive responses and try to follow the example that those users set.

Don't just read the forums when you have a problem. Drop in periodically and check out the new threads/messages. This will help you become more familiar with Coranto. You might even get some ideas from other users posts.

Did you actually read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way?

Right now my answer to you is:

You aren't seeing the date in posts other than the newest one because Coranto is doing EXACTLY what YOU have set it up to do. I can't tell you how to change this unless you tell me how Coranto is set up.

Remember - the flexibility of Coranto that makes it very useful for a variety of uses means that there are many ways to accomplish any given task. For us to help you figure out or suggest plausible methods for your situation you are going to have to get better at asking questions.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Parahead » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:37 pm

SrNupsen wrote:Oh come on Parahead - stop being such a wimp :D
To my knowledge I have been the only person trying to find a solution to his problems and I am trying to enlighten him of how to provide more info, maybe I am doing that in a childish way, I don't know. I am just trying to illustrate how little info he provides, I have also asked him specific questions but he still just says "any suggestions would be a great help.", so I don't think he tries that hard and therefore is very hard to help.

You (or anyone else) are free to try and solve his problem. :-D
Parahead

Postby chrisharris05 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:39 am

ok, i am using coranto version 1.24. the addons i am using is mood and isay. i have looked at all the settings and everything looks in normal running order. i cant find anywhere where its not letting the date show up. i am completely stumped on how to fix this. if that helps any......
chrisharris05

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:57 am

chrisharris05 wrote:ok, i am using coranto version 1.24. the addons i am using is mood and isay. i have looked at all the settings and everything looks in normal running order. i cant find anywhere where its not letting the date show up. i am completely stumped on how to fix this. if that helps any......

Dale Ray wrote:Post your style code and your template code

Edit - I just visited the link you provided in the first post and both posts were showing the date.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby chrisharris05 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:17 am

yeah, i think i fixed it.
chrisharris05

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:01 am

How did you fix it?

In case others with the same problem should read this thread in the future, ya know :wink:

SrNupsen
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
SrNupsen

Return to Troubleshooting