Spreading news across two pages

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Spreading news across two pages

Postby the_culture » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:35 am

Hello everyone. I tried looking for the answer but I'm not sure what the proper wording is.

Basically, I want to be able to use Coranto to post news across two pages. On the main page it would look like this:

NEW ATI DRIVERS RELEASED <---[news title]

ATI released version 6.1 of their video card drivers
for their RADEON series of video cards. more

So we have the News Heading and a small comment. Then the user clicks the MORE link and it takes him to the page with the entire news post. I'd like to be able to do this with several different Profiles. Is this possible and can someone point me to the answer? Much thanks[/u]
the_culture

Postby SrNupsen » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:25 am

This is a breeze with Coranto - you'll need two profiles and two styles. Also, in addition to your Subject and Text fields, create a "Summary" field (containing the small text you want beneath your headline)

The first profile will build your main page. To go with it, use a style with something like:

Code: Select all
<Field: Subject><Field: Date>
<p>
<CustomField: Summary>

Then, for your other profile (which may well be a Maginot static one, creating single HMTL pages from each news item), just create a simple style showing the Subject and the full story (<Field: Text>)

Hope this was a pointer in the right direction.

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:12 pm

I would also suggest doing a search with the words (all or in combination) "read more full story" since this will give you a bunch of other pointers... Using snipping and viewnews.cgi for example.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting