New Server, Coranto No longer Working

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

New Server, Coranto No longer Working

Postby UploadMix » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:26 am

I just recently switched servers, and Coranto is no longer working. There is something missing on the new server that was on the old one. Both servers use Apache. I spoke with my hosting company, and basically they dont have the time to debug the script to find out what is wrong, understandably so. They requested that I found out the prerequisites to make the script work. Does anyone know what they are?

Robert
www.uploadmix.com
UploadMix

Re: New Server, Coranto No longer Working

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:38 pm

UploadMix wrote:I spoke with my hosting company, and basically they dont have the time to debug the script to find out what is wrong, understandably so.
Maybe a play with words, but "debugging" indicates that there is a bug, but this is just a setting issue at this point. Or if you will, a RTFM-issue...

UploadMix wrote:They requested that I found out the prerequisites to make the script work. Does anyone know what they are?
Maybe *you* could find the time to read the documentation included with Coranto? Or maybe start with the HELP-section on this site? And if you have actually done your homework reading, please state what things you have tried up until now. I am also sure that you have more details to go on than "no longer working", which is rather vague... Maybe you recieve an errormessage? If so, maybe you can use some keywords in that error message and do a search in the forum?

Maybe you think I am just a sour old man? Maybe you are right...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby UploadMix » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:35 pm

This is the error message im receiving:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at www.uploadmix.com Port 80

Im using Perl 5.8.6
UploadMix

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:02 pm

The important thing in that hole message was this part:
UploadMix wrote:More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Also, I did mention some other things you could try *before* posting the errormessage to us, since this is homework questions... Yes, you will recieve help when you get stuck with the homework, but you really should try to do it yourself first, OK? Remember your two best friends: The documentation and the search-button.
Parahead

Postby UploadMix » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:12 pm

[Fri Jan 20 09:56:41 2006] [error] [client 65.34.87.165] Premature end of script headers: coranto.cgi
[Fri Jan 20 10:35:03 2006] [error] [client 65.34.87.165] Premature end of script headers: coranto.cgi
UploadMix

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:01 pm

UploadMix wrote:[Fri Jan 20 09:56:41 2006] [error] [client 65.34.87.165] Premature end of script headers: coranto.cgi
[Fri Jan 20 10:35:03 2006] [error] [client 65.34.87.165] Premature end of script headers: coranto.cgi
OK, since you obviously seem incabable of taking a hint I change approach. If you would use the search button (it is in red text at the left top of the forum navigation bar) which two words from that errormessage would you choose to use in the search query then?
Parahead

Postby UploadMix » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:48 am

Parahead wrote:
UploadMix wrote:[Fri Jan 20 09:56:41 2006] [error] [client 65.34.87.165] Premature end of script headers: coranto.cgi
OK, since you obviously seem incabable of taking a hint I change approach. If you would use the search button (it is in red text at the left top of the forum navigation bar) which two words from that errormessage would you choose to use in the search query then?

That's really not necessary. Thank you for your help.
UploadMix

Postby Parahead » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:09 am

UploadMix wrote:That's really not necessary. Thank you for your help.
Help and help? You where a rather reluctant student and we could have travelled so much further down the road of knowledge than this, but glad if you really did get something out of it in the end... But does this mean you have solved the problem? If so, what was the solution?
Parahead

Postby UploadMix » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:13 pm

Parahead wrote:
UploadMix wrote:That's really not necessary. Thank you for your help.
Help and help? You where a rather reluctant student and we could have travelled so much further down the road of knowledge than this, but glad if you really did get something out of it in the end... But does this mean you have solved the problem? If so, what was the solution?

Not yet, but am working on it. Have your website as reference, thank you, its very helpful. Actually, Im just a third party on this, funny that Im the owner of the site, but have no idea on programming. My coder is the one who is working on this, and im playing middle man between him and my hosting company. Its really a pain in the ass.
I will continue to try different methods via your helpful site, and let you know the outcome
Thank you,
Rob
UploadMix

Return to Troubleshooting