Maginot help needed!

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Maginot help needed!

Postby Hrvoje » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:08 pm

Hello there. I use Maginot (latest build)... however i dont know HOW to include news item on my html page, previously i didnt use Maginot so it was like:

Code: Select all
<?PHP include("articles/test.txt");
?>

now i dont know how to do it? :?
Hrvoje

Postby shanemckiness » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:17 am

For some odd reason, I sometimes have problems with php includes. Try using the full address instead "http://www.mysitesucks.com" or something
shanemckiness

Postby leeerickson2050 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:54 pm

To use SSI (Server Side Includes)

<!--#include virtual="news/news.txt" -->

* You must name your .html file to .shtml

To use PHP includes

<?php
include ("news/news.txt");
?>

*You must name your .html file to .php
Lee Erickson
leeerickson2050

Re: Maginot help needed!

Postby Parahead » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:42 pm

Hrvoje wrote:Hello there. I use Maginot (latest build)... however i dont know HOW to include news item on my html page, previously i didnt use Maginot so it was like:

<?PHP include("articles/test.txt");
?>

now i dont know how to do it? :?
You don't specify which Maginot Profile you are having problems with? I guess it is a Static Profile, so you want to know how to include the file from within the PHP-file when you don't know the filenames that Maginot has created, is this a correct analysis of your rather vague question?

The thing is that all of the Maginot Profiles is ment to produce "stand alone" files with the extension html or shtml, thus there is really no need to include them from another file.

If you still are having problems, please elaborate this topic a little, since it kind of depends on what you want to do which answer to give...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:06 pm

ok it works now :) i've got another problem. when it opens the story as the separate php file, it includes only the style which is for that actual style, how can i add regular webpage style and add function as <Field: Date>subject and others, as before, when i edit default style it is working with viewnews,cgi...
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:24 am

Hrvoje wrote:ok it works now :) i've got another problem. when it opens the story as the separate php file, it includes only the style which is for that actual style, how can i add regular webpage style and add function as <Field: Date>subject and others, as before, when i edit default style it is working with viewnews,cgi...
This wasn't the easiest of sentances to understand, I don't know if I truly understand your problem or what you want to do... We can not see your setup so explaining in more detail how the bits and pieces you use is important for us to see things clear.

Anyway, the style to use is defined in the settings page for the Maginot Profile, so if you want to use another style than the default just go ahead and create one and then choose it at the profile settings page? I don't see a problem with that?
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:36 pm

Parahead wrote:
Hrvoje wrote:ok it works now :) i've got another problem. when it opens the story as the separate php file, it includes only the style which is for that actual style, how can i add regular webpage style and add function as <Field: Date>subject and others, as before, when i edit default style it is working with viewnews,cgi...
This wasn't the easiest of sentances to understand, I don't know if I truly understand your problem or what you want to do... We can not see your setup so explaining in more detail how the bits and pieces you use is important for us to see things clear.

Anyway, the style to use is defined in the settings page for the Maginot Profile, so if you want to use another style than the default just go ahead and create one and then choose it at the profile settings page? I don't see a problem with that?

yes i've created new one, but i want to create FULL STORY style, not the front page one...
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:23 pm

Hrvoje wrote:yes i've created new one, but i want to create FULL STORY style, not the front page one...
So just format the new style to your liking then? I don't understand the problem...
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting