Personal Webserver --500 error

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Personal Webserver --500 error

Postby bolero » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:22 am

Hey guys, i have set up my personal Linux webserver apache 2.0.
Everytime I run ANY cgi script my error_log file from apache shows
Premature end of script headers, for every single cgi script i try to run. I have uploaded these files to the server via ascii through ftp, yet that still gives me 500 internal server error and premature end of script headers. I have set the correct permissions but im not sure what else could be wrong, i have searched the forum for some answeres but havnt found any other than "make sure its uploaded in ascii" which it has been.Perhaps i have the server configured wrong. Anyone able to help?

-Bolero
bolero

RE: Personal Webserver --500 error

Postby Wpeckham » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:35 pm

Can you run the perl script for the command line? If so, what the the FIRST TWO LINES of the output? These are critical and very specific.
William Peckham
Wpeckham

Postby bolero » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:18 pm

Hey thanks for the reply.
when running the script from the Command line it spits out a bunch of html. The first line saying "content-type:text/html then below says "expires: Tue 17 Jan 2006"
bolero

Postby Parahead » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:35 pm

bolero wrote:Hey thanks for the reply.
when running the script from the Command line it spits out a bunch of html. The first line saying "content-type:text/html then below says "expires: Tue 17 Jan 2006"
Sounds like a correct HTTP-header to me, strange... Try and place a -w at the end of the first shebang-line, as presented here (at the 500-server error page).

Also, is it the same user you are executing the script as from the command line that is running the webserver?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby bolero » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:03 pm

Im not sure, however i did try and install lighttp and configured cgi acces on it, and i am able to correctly execute coranto and any cgi scripts using this server. How ever, whenever i try apache it does not work. This leads me to believe that it is a configuration error on apache's part, which im not sure how to fix.

-Bolero
bolero

Return to Troubleshooting