error message - unable to open newsdat.txt

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

error message - unable to open newsdat.txt

Postby Paul D » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:06 pm

Unable to open /home/virtual/site50/fst/var/www/html/coranto/newsdat.txt. No such file or directory at crcore.pl line 281.

Coronto has been working great for me, except now. I changed servers recently and it is taking a lot of time with the server to get things back on track again. Now I wanted to post a new article on my website and I got the above message.

Would you please tell me what this means and how to correct it?
Paul D

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:18 pm

It means that Coranto can not 'find' your newsdat.txt file.

The most probable causes are that the path is wrong (it isn't likely that the new server has the same path structure as the old server) or that the file isn't in the folder that message specified if the path is correct.

Note: Moved to Troubleshooting
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Parahead » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:41 pm

Dale Ray wrote:The most probable causes are that the path is wrong (it isn't likely that the new server has the same path structure as the old server) or that the file isn't in the folder that message specified if the path is correct.
Paul D, if you don't know where to specify the path, in Coranto 1.24 it can be found at Adminstration => Change Settings under the headline "File Paths".
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Thanks for the time..

Postby Paul D » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:03 am

Thanks for answering my request. I have to look at this later and explore when time allows, so I'll get back with (hopefully) successful results in a few days from now.
Paul D

Return to Troubleshooting