Unable to see the news in Full Story mode...?

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby SrNupsen » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:12 pm

Parahead wrote:På midsommar brukar jag hoppa omkring och sjunga små grodorna...

Gjör du värkligen? :rotf:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:27 pm

SrNupsen wrote:
Parahead wrote:På midsommar brukar jag hoppa omkring och sjunga små grodorna...

Gjör du värkligen? :rotf:
Yes, but of course only after a couple of beers and that green smiley is a very good illustration of how it actually looks like... ;-)
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:37 pm

i've got email from my system administrator telling me that i am using right path... help!
Hrvoje

Postby Hrvoje » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:03 pm

Hello people, since im now 100% sure what is my absolute path, there might be some thing which is disabled and should be enabled maybe? Can anyone really try to help me solve the problem displaying headlines in full story more...
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:51 pm

Hrvoje wrote:Hello people, since im now 100% sure what is my absolute path, there might be some thing which is disabled and should be enabled maybe? Can anyone really try to help me solve the problem displaying headlines in full story more...
Since the information you have provided in this thread thus far is *very* confusing and since you have changed things between the time of the posts and now it doesn't give us much to go on. You have been asked questions by people that you haven't answered and a statement like "my system admin is telling me I am using the right path" is no question, it is nice information for you to have and very friendly of you to share with us, but it is no information that leads us forward...

Hrvoje wrote:http://www.vijestiplus.com/clanak/Sport.txt it wont work with the new working mapped txt file see parahead!
Made no sense to me but maybe if you either refrace the sentance or extend it somewhat it does?

To get some kind of structure here...
In which file do you have the PHP include?
What is the path (absolute and URL) to that file?
What does the include command look like?
Where is the file you are trying to include located (absolute path and URL)?
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:03 pm

Parahead wrote:
Hrvoje wrote:Hello people, since im now 100% sure what is my absolute path, there might be some thing which is disabled and should be enabled maybe? Can anyone really try to help me solve the problem displaying headlines in full story more...
Since the information you have provided in this thread thus far is *very* confusing and since you have changed things between the time of the posts and now it doesn't give us much to go on. You have been asked questions by people that you haven't answered and a statement like "my system admin is telling me I am using the right path" is no question, it is nice information for you to have and very friendly of you to share with us, but it is no information that leads us forward...

Hrvoje wrote:http://www.vijestiplus.com/clanak/Sport.txt it wont work with the new working mapped txt file see parahead!
Made no sense to me but maybe if you either refrace the sentance or extend it somewhat it does?

To get some kind of structure here...
In which file do you have the PHP include?
What is the path (absolute and URL) to that file?
What does the include command look like?
Where is the file you are trying to include located (absolute path and URL)?

hi parahead, thanks for answering, i'll try to explain little better, here is the thing:

1.) file is on www.vijestiplus.com/clanak/Vijesti.txt

when i copy link location to Vijesti.txt it says:

/home/vijestip/public_html/clanak/Vijesti.txt

screenshot:

Hrvoje

Postby Hrvoje » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:05 pm

<?PHP include("/home/vijestip/public_html/clanak/Vijesti.txt");
?>
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:04 pm

And what happens? Do you get an errormessage? Do you have a URL to the file where the PHP include is used?
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:43 pm

Parahead wrote:And what happens? Do you get an errormessage? Do you have a URL to the file where the PHP include is used?
nothing happens at all, it just doesent show there thats it!
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:11 pm

Hrvoje wrote:
Parahead wrote:And what happens? Do you get an errormessage? Do you have a URL to the file where the PHP include is used?
nothing happens at all, it just doesent show there thats it!
And what about my last question?
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:19 pm

Hrvoje wrote:<?PHP include("/home/vijestip/public_html/clanak/Vijesti.txt");
?>
And if you change this to this instead?
Code: Select all
<?PHP include("http://www.vijestiplus.com/clanak/Vijesti.txt"); ?>
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:23 pm

Parahead wrote:
?>

coranto/edit style default style (which is for showing full articles..)

i added it and it is not showing anything, could i PM you with my login info so you can try please, since this is mature problem of my portal which is growing every day.... and people complain about this... and i'd like to have headlines too :) thanks
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:42 pm

Hrvoje wrote:
Parahead wrote:
?>

coranto/edit style default style (which is for showing full articles..)
You still haven't answered my question about the URL to where the PHP-include is done. With your answer above it is even more important to provide that URL, since if you use this PHP-include in a style and then create an outputfile which isn't PHP this will never work. Coranto doesn't process this command, it is your server that does, so placing this inside a style may not be what you want to do...

Hrvoje wrote:i added it and it is not showing anything, could i PM you with my login info so you can try please, since this is mature problem of my portal which is growing every day.... and people complain about this... and i'd like to have headlines too :) thanks
No, I do not want to that. Anyway, I am no PHP coder to begin with, I am just trying to help you out. But I am starting to get a bit frustrated since it seems that we have been barking up the wrong tree for a rather long time which could have been avoided if you had described your situation in more detail to begin with...
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:34 pm

i dont understand which url you are taling about? havent i posted url allready??
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:18 pm

Hrvoje wrote:i dont understand which url you are taling about? havent i posted url allready??
The URL to the PHP-file where you use the PHP include, something like www.yourdomain.com/path/to/file.php. The thing is that your last answer indicated that you use the PHP include inside a Coranto *style*, which would explain why you are having problems... I hope you don't expect Coranto to process the PHP commands?
Parahead

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting