Stopped working, can't log in!

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Stopped working, can't log in!

Postby Rocky » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:12 pm

I've been using coranto for years, and today when I went to log in I was created with this scary error message - and I cannot get into the Admin Centre at all!

Any ideas? (I've removed the domain name from the code)

Code: Select all
Error: Addon 'cra_SpecialLinks.pl' does not appear to exist. It has been disabled. Reload/refresh this page to continue. Full error: Can't locate /var/www/vhost/cra_SpecialLinks.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /var/www/vhosts/domainname.net/cgi-bin/coranto /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /var/www/vhosts/domainname.net/cgi-bin/coranto/craddon.pl line 60.
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Rocky » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:47 pm

Well, it has come back online and the news is appearing on the site, but womething is waaaay wrong.

The admin centre is all white, black text - no css. So I looked in the add on section and it says there are no addons installed, but there are a bunch of add ons, I can see them all by FTPing to the coranto folder.

In Admin, I noticed that the path to coranto was now wrong for some reason, so I corrected it - but it has made no difference, all my add ons, all my users, everything is gone, it's like a clean install apart from the fact the news is appearing on the news page and there is one user account - mine.

I can't understand this and am scared to try making or editing any news incase it screws anything up - I have 5 years of news in there.

Which file is it that should contain all the settings?
Rocky
Rocky

Postby bozoka45 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:21 pm

It seems that your server might have run out of disk space. The problem is that the nsettings.cgi file was lost. To a search on the forums for "0 byte nsettings.cgi" for more info. Basically, you need to restore a backup of nsettings. nsbk.cgi is the backup if you don't have another one.
bozoka45

Return to Troubleshooting