How to exclude key words in profile

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

How to exclude key words in profile

Postby shanemckiness » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:51 am

I have a profile of recent news (past news). Several of my editor write news type articles, that are only relevant for a certain time period. Their columns are Swords & Scribes, and Spook Central. I would like to not include these articles in the recent article profile. Is there aw ay to do this by excluding the keywords (Swords & Scribes) and (spook central or just spook)?

Thanks
http://www.epicsff.com Epic Science Fiction & Fantasy Online Magazine
shanemckiness

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:25 am

You could use the regexp option that comes with the CustomField addon. I really, really stink at regexp, so I can help you but there's no way I can give you a solution that'll work. I just have to play around with it until I get it right. I would suggest testing somewhere so you dont hurt yourself waiting for Coranto to build news each time you change the regexp.
bozoka45

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:24 am

Also, are you just trying to avoid the confusion of adding another Category/profile/checkbox/etc?
bozoka45

Postby shanemckiness » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:17 am

Technically, I could create another category, then exclude that much much easier.... Maybe I'll do that....argh.
shanemckiness

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:54 am

bozoka45 wrote:You could use the regexp option that comes with the CustomField addon.
I guess you mean the FilterByField (version 2.1) addon? Yes, this one could be used to do what shanemckiness want to do...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting