Error Message: Not reading txt file from headlines

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Error Message: Not reading txt file from headlines

Postby pPittman_arppix » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:01 am

Not sure if something got messed up or I messed it up, but for some reason, I am recieving the following erro message when I click on a headline link generated from headlines.txt file:

Error
Unable to open nsettings.cgi. No such file or directory at c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\arppix\Coranto/crcore.pl line 293.

The txt file is there and in fact, is read by the browser if the entire txt file is pointed to in teh browser instead of the headlines.

I am also getting the same error message from my archived stories as well. I know that the crcore.pl file and teh nsettings.cgi files are in fact where the error message says they are not, but they have not been opened and the directory address is correct as well.

The error is generated at www.velocitywings.com. Just click on a headline.

Any help would be appreciated!

Paul
pPittman_arppix

Re: Error Message: Not reading txt file from headlines

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:42 am

pPittman_arppix wrote:I know that the crcore.pl file and teh nsettings.cgi files are in fact where the error message says they are not, but they have not been opened and the directory address is correct as well.

The error is generated at www.velocitywings.com. Just click on a headline.
Since I don't get an errormessage when visiting your site I assume you have solved this problem (by correcting the path)?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby pPittman_arppix » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:58 pm

Yes, late last night as a matter of fact, but thanks for taking the time to take a look.

I had to force the path in the viewnews.cgi file to the absolute directory in order for Coranto to "see" the crcore.pl file. The suggestion came from on of the server techs to check teh paths in the crcore file, which I knew couldn't have been right, but at least it put me thinking in teh correct path.

Thanks again!

Paul
pPittman_arppix

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:21 pm

pPittman_arppix wrote:I had to force the path in the viewnews.cgi file to the absolute directory in order for Coranto to "see" the crcore.pl file.
Just to be clear, it was not the crcore.pl file that couldn't be found, the errormessage said nsettings.cgi (which is loaded from crcore.pl, line 293). In both the coranto.cgi and viewnews.cgi file there is actually a message about if you have problems you might need to specify the complete path where Coranto is located. Often the path is fetched automatically and it is very rear that it needs to be specified, good that it did solved your problem though. :-)
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting