coranto.cgi Fatal error after adding admin

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

coranto.cgi Fatal error after adding admin

Postby Sammy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:40 am

I added an admin and now I can't open coranto.cgi.

I get a fatal error. The page is blank and I have no info. ideas?

v1.24
Last edited by Sammy on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy

Postby Sammy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:03 am

Well I must have scared it away by looking into the logs. lol

But it does seem repetitive. The user I added wasn't added when I got back in. I re-added them and it went fine. I then added another user and when I clicked submit, it took me to a blank page and it just said done. So I clicked back and tried again and same thing, and now of course I can't get back in.
Sammy

Postby Sammy » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:30 am

Any ideas why I get constant fatal errors and have to wait a bit for it to work?
Sammy

Postby Parahead » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:07 am

Sammy wrote:But it does seem repetitive. The user I added wasn't added when I got back in. I re-added them and it went fine. I then added another user and when I clicked submit, it took me to a blank page and it just said done. So I clicked back and tried again and same thing, and now of course I can't get back in.

Any ideas why I get constant fatal errors and have to wait a bit for it to work?
It sounds like a problem with the nsettings.cgi file and that for some reason it is locked up by the filesystem. A filelock is removed after a certain timeperiod and thus you can regain access to it after some time... Hard to tell the cause for this to happen though, do you have access to the webservers errorlog?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Sammy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:31 pm

yes but I'm such a n00b as an admin. I'll take a peek at both. Thanks you.

I moved them to a seperate domain and took coranto out of the round robin. This seems to have made it much more stable but I still get the issue when adding admins.
Sammy

Return to Troubleshooting